New to the group

Options
AMummysLife
AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
Hi, I'm Patricia and I'm new to PPP.

I had baby #2 just a week ago and while I would like to loose weight straight away, I am working on maintaining my current weight for the first 6 weeks to give my body a chance to recover.

My problem is this, the hunger cravings for all the wrong foods caused from breast feeding have already started. Obviously eating everything in moderation and eating the healthier stuff first before the less healthy stuff etc and I try the glass of water 20 minutes before I actually eat a snack but what other tricks can I try to avoid over eating like I did with #1? I already have 30kg (approximately 60 odd pounds) to loose from both kids and want to avoid putting on again with this one like I did with my previous one.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    For me, I had to work in my cravings into each day. Just a bit, at the end of the day, and only if I had calorie space. I also stock the kitchen with lots of healthy, easy to grab snacks. If it is easy, it is more likely you'll go for it. I agree with your approach - take it easy for the first little bit and give yourself time to recover.
  • LysieMae
    LysieMae Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Also, you might want to try keeping healthier alternatives to your cravings stocked. For example, if you want a candy bar or something sweet, keep chocolate chip granola bars so you still get that little bit of sweetness, but you don't overload on sugar, and you get some protein and fiber too. Also, if you're craving potato chips or something salty, you can make some popcorn (light on the butter and salt). It's still a little bit of salty goodness, but not fried or greasy like chips are.
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My problem is that the pantry is full of goodies for miss 4 and for hubby and so are tempting to eat them myself. I do have things like popcorn kernels and fruit etc available but most of it just feels like too much effort to bother with I guess. I really need to change that I think.

Thanks for the ideas ladies.
  • LysieMae
    LysieMae Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I understand what you mean about it feeling like too much effort. I had to start making stuff ahead of time to keep ready-to-grab. Like I tend to keep cucumber salad pre-made. Or regular salad mixed without the dressing. Or I'll get a cantaloupe and cut it up even if I don't want it right then so I can just grab the cantaloupe tub for a quick snack.
  • TiffanyaeBrown
    Options
    Try some portion control on the things you like, that hubby and little one have. Like figure out what a serving is, then fix up some containers of 1/2 portions, etc. I looooove sugar! But diabetes runs in my family. So big reason to cut back on it. But for chocolate, I get 10 m&ms or for the 'cake' cravings I use whole wheat pancakes with fruit or nuts. I even eat cheetos, just a 1/2 serving instead of a whole one. Maybe if it's already in a package for you, you can grab it and go during the week. Either way, I hope you find something that works for you. A friend told me 'Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.' She was right!