Not so Big in Japan!

Options
yasemasuyo
yasemasuyo Posts: 177 Member
Had a NSV today! I saw a pair of trousers on sale, and the largest size they had left was a 70. Although I knew they would be too small, I wanted to know how much further I have to go before I go down a size. Not only could I zip them up, I could also breathe, and very comfortably too! :-) Couldn't believe they actually fitted! When I moved out here three years ago, I had to shop in the 'larger ladies' section, I couldn't fit in the largest size (76?) in most stores. It is such a great feeling to be able to walk into a shop without the skinny assistants giving me the eye to indicate that nothing in the shop will fit me - I'm starting to feel a bit more 'normal'!

PS I am now somewhere between M and L in Japanese sizing (10 - 12 UK), but I have no idea what size a 70 would be back home - anyone know?

Replies

• natika33
    natika33 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    woohoo! Awesome NSV! I think 70 means the number of centimetres around the waist (or hip if they are hip huggers), but I'm not sure.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    My MiL always wants to buy me clothes when we visit, but even at my slimmest (165cm, 55kg), I'm not a Japanese shape, at least not since getting a mummy tummy! Last time we went, far too long ago, I weighed 65kg, so getting me to try on clothes was particularly pointless.

When I lived in Japan I found Ito Yokado size 13 was about right, but I can't remember if that was pre or post weight loss!