Significant Others

Options
Jenn152
Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
:love: Hey ladies! I was just reading the uber poplular "How did you meet your SO" thread out in the general msg boards... And it got me thinking.

Who is dating/married to a Shorty and who has a Tally? :laugh: (I couldn't think of a better way to put it lol)

I am 5'11" and my love is 6'3" :heart: We have been together a little over a year.

What about you???

Replies

• lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My tally (heehee) is 6'4". Been together 5.5 years- married 2.5.
  • trishajo82
    trishajo82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would like to punch my fiance in the balls right now, so presently I am not claiming him. :explode:
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11.5 and my fiance is 6'1. When I wear a small heel, we're about the same height. I like seeing eye-to-eye.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am 6"2" and my boyfriend is 6'6"/6'7"..... i have dated a guy that was 7'2" while in college though! lol
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I don't have one at this present time but if anybody finds a tally for me send him my way! Especially if he's a country boy! :happy:
  • Jenn152
    Options
    I'm 5'11.5 and my fiance is 6'1. When I wear a small heel, we're about the same height. I like seeing eye-to-eye.

I love this! I had on my new boots the other day, and my man was like... "Those make you so tall!" hahaha like I'm not tall already. I love when he says stuff like that though... makes me feel small :wink:

I dated a 6'11" guy in college... but I have hovered between 6'2-6'4 for the most part. I tried to date a guy who was like 5'9 once... I just couldn't do it.
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0 and my husband is 6'5. I've dated men between 5'8 and 6'7, mostly tallys though!
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0" and my hub is 6"4". It took me a long time to find him! Although a long, long, long time ago I dated a guy who was 5"4". We just didn't stand up very much! :wink: :wink:
  • bt_13_21
    bt_13_21 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Me and my hubby are the same -- both 6'0". We've been married 8 yrs this January!
  • kkauz42
    Options
    Where do you find these guys?!?! My last bf was 6'4" but one time I sort of dated a guy that was "5'9" and yes, that is in quotes, cause he was REALLY like 5'8" on a GOOD day...didn't last long! lol
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I only dated one shorty (@ 5'10")- it was in high school. The first formal we went to, in the picture I sort of knelt down to make him look taller- the pic was really bad. He was super cute... but too short for me.

As I got older- I told Mom I don't date anyone under 6'2" and she warned me that I was limiting myself too much- cutting out 90+% of the populations. But I knew what I liked and wanted. Now I'm super glad I can wear (hobble on) my 5" platform pumps and look hubby in the eye. Perfect!
  • kkauz42
    Options
    I only dated one shorty (@ 5'10")- it was in high school. The first formal we went to, in the picture I sort of knelt down to make him look taller- the pic was really bad. He was super cute... but too short for me.

As I got older- I told Mom I don't date anyone under 6'2" and she warned me that I was limiting myself too much- cutting out 90+% of the populations. But I knew what I liked and wanted. Now I'm super glad I can wear (hobble on) my 5" platform pumps and look hubby in the eye. Perfect!

I totally agree! I am almost 6'1" and I don't mind wearing heels and I wont date anyone shorter either! I mean I get that I'm taller than the average MALE but that doesn't mean I should have to date one! Not that guys that are shorter than 6'1'ish are bad, just not for me!!
  • Jenn152
    Options
    I mean I get that I'm taller than the average MALE but that doesn't mean I should have to date one! Not that guys that are shorter than 6'1'ish are bad, just not for me!!

AMEN!

(and let me edit this and say that I know some of our ladies have Shorty loves AND THAT IS AWESOME! It's just not for me)
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I don't have one at this present time but if anybody finds a tally for me send him my way! Especially if he's a country boy! :happy:

I used to work at a country line dancing bar... best place to find the country guys over 6'!!!!
  • tallteacher
    tallteacher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I married a shorty. :) I'm 6'0" and my DH of 15 years is only 5' 9". I dated tall and short guys, but many of the tall guys I met were too wrapped up in themselves. My short boyfriends always worshipped the ground I walked on.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are both slightly over 5'10". I dated two "shorties" and you want to talk about short man complex.
  • kristen_lynn
    kristen_lynn Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" (in the morning, lol) and my husband is 6'3". I've only ever dated tall guys. My basis for feeling attractive is way too tied up in the "I'm loud and sassy in public but at home (ahem) please make me feel feminine and little and delicate" so I totally require a bigger guy, both in build and height. In fact, I just recently weighed in and officially now weigh less than him! Never happened before in my life. It was my biggest sv/nsv yet :-) I felt like the skinniest girl in the world!!
  • Jenn152
    Options
    I'm 5'11" (in the morning, lol) and my husband is 6'3". I've only ever dated tall guys. My basis for feeling attractive is way too tied up in the "I'm loud and sassy in public but at home (ahem) please make me feel feminine and little and delicate" so I totally require a bigger guy, both in build and height. In fact, I just recently weighed in and officially now weigh less than him! Never happened before in my life. It was my biggest sv/nsv yet :-) I felt like the skinniest girl in the world!!

i LOVE this! i feel exactly the same way!!! congrats to you :drinker:
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Prior to my wonderful SO I only dated men taller than me. In fact, when I would go out and about, shorter men didn't even register on my radar - like, I literally did not see them.

When I met my partner, I very almost didn't date him because he about 2 inches shorter than me. It was a very conscious decision on my part to give the short guy a go. I'm so glad I did. I am with the love of my life! I sometimes think about what I would have missed out on had I kept to my previous 'rule' ....I don't even notice the height difference now, not one bit.
  • bt_13_21
    bt_13_21 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Where do you find these guys?!?!

I live in SW Michigan. I swear it's a tall area. I am 6' tall and I was NOT the only girl that tall. There were 4 of us in my class in high school that were 6', and TONS of girls 5'9" and up.

There's a lot of Dutch heritage in the SW Michigan area, and I've heard the Netherlands is currently the tallest country.