Wii Fit Plus - exercises for arms

Options
jaabee11
jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
Hi, just wondering what you do and recommend for the arms.
I try and use them a lot when jogging, stepping etc but are there anything particular for arms maybe I haven't realised yet.
I do the chicken flying thing sometimes but never seem to get very far with it.
Thanks

Replies

• babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    they do have a few... i will check it out tomororw and get back to you. when i do the hula hoop game i sometimes move my arms around and around.
    Hi, just wondering what you do and recommend for the arms.
    I try and use them a lot when jogging, stepping etc but are there anything particular for arms maybe I haven't realised yet.
    I do the chicken flying thing sometimes but never seem to get very far with it.
    Thanks
  • auntie_missy
    auntie_missy Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Of course there is the tricep extension. Wii Fit also recommends the balance bridge and Kung Fu, but my favorite is boxing. If you really punch from the hip, you can feel it in your arms, your shoulders and your back.
    I'll also mix in free weights with the free step or running, or other exercises like the rowing squat. If you're coordinated, you can add a resistance band to the free step - thread it under the board and lift with the right side as you step on with your right food, then lift with the left side as you step on with your left foot. It takes a little getting used to, but once you have it, you're all set.
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    some great ideas, thanks.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    Awesome ideas glad u helped :)
    Of course there is the tricep extension. Wii Fit also recommends the balance bridge and Kung Fu, but my favorite is boxing. If you really punch from the hip, you can feel it in your arms, your shoulders and your back.
    I'll also mix in free weights with the free step or running, or other exercises like the rowing squat. If you're coordinated, you can add a resistance band to the free step - thread it under the board and lift with the right side as you step on with your right food, then lift with the left side as you step on with your left foot. It takes a little getting used to, but once you have it, you're all set.
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I recommend that you keep at the chicken suit game "Bird's Eye Bull's Eye"
    I really had a hard time in the beginning but if you work at it you'll unlock the expert setting in no time.
    I only wish it had a free play setting so I could just fly around the island.

Also have you tried the push-ups and planks?
    There is also a push-up challenge- that is very intense!
  • countingitall
    countingitall Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started the marching game OUCH it hurts
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    I love th marching game. You work your legs and arms!!
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I recommend that you keep at the chicken suit game "Bird's Eye Bull's Eye"
    I really had a hard time in the beginning but if you work at it you'll unlock the expert setting in no time.
    I only wish it had a free play setting so I could just fly around the island.

Also have you tried the push-ups and planks?
    There is also a push-up challenge- that is very intense!

I struggle to land the chicken lol! My kids are leaving me behind on that one ha ha!:bigsmile:
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I use dumbbells during the step aerobics. Not heavy ones. Just 2 or 3 pounds each. I do a curl or a lift with each step. It's just like moving your arms when walking except while holding weights. I'm still feeling it in my arms from the day before yesterday.