Welcome and Introductions

Options

Replies

• WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm also late with the intro.

I would just like to inform everyone that I am bringing sexy back.

:laugh: Ok, I laughed too when I posted this as my status on facebook awhile back, lol.

But seriously, I am planning on losing 27 lbs in the New Year, preferably by Memorial Day. I have lost 45 lbs so far. To get me to that rocking itsy-bitsy, teeney-weenie, yellow polka-dot bikini, I will do the following:
    1. 30 DS
    2. Ripped in 30
    3. C25K
    4. Walking/jogging/running/cyclying 50 miles every month.
    5. Insanity/P90X hybrid (if I ever save up enough to get Insanity)
    6. Going to the gym 3-4 times a week to work on strength training.

I have already taken a few pics of myself yesterday, so I will be posting those on the 1st.
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone :flowerforyou:

I'm 52 years young and have been on MFP since September. I have been on my weight loss journey for a year now going to the gym 5 to 6 days a week. Prior to joining MFP I was able to lose 63 lbs. Since being on MFP I have lost another 15 lbs so that makes it a total of 78 lbs lost for 2011 :drinker: . I am hypothyroid and have a very slow metabolism along with knee problems that resulted from a past injury so my calorie burn is not very high. I am currently working with a personal trainer who specializes in sports medicine / rehab to correct all my myofacial tissue issues and what ever else is wrong with me :laugh: . Funny how age has a way of creeping up on you. I'm hoping to increase my calorie burn with the help of my trainer and this challenge is just what I need to keep me in check.
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm Christina - 35. I'll be doing a lot of walking and the c25k program. I'm also doing the Slim in 6 program starting right after New Year's. I also have the P90x DVDs that I haven't tried yet. I'm hoping to start the year off right and keep it up. Rumor has it that exercise is addictive. We shall see. I think the goal of this group is great and attainable. Nothing too big to get overwhelmed with. Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend and look forward to burning some calories!
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Carla. My friend Becky (lombrica) invited me to join this group and I think it would fit me to a tee. Is it too late to join? Please add me to your tracker if possible. Thanks and I look forward to working out with all of you.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined today. I am Emma, a 41 year old from New Zealand. I had MFP set to burn 900 calories a week but wanted to increase that. I do sometimes find it hard to get the numbers up due to working fulltime and being a single mum of four, as well as burning less at a lighter weight. But keen to reach this goal!
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Leslie from Ajax, Ontario. I'm 43 and have been married almost 23 years. We have two girls, 18 & 20. I'm not sure my exact weight but it is around 200. I will weigh myself in the morning. 2011 was the second start of my weight loss journey. It will be my last start as I WILL succeed this time. My ticker isn't correct as I've put on weight in the last month. I will get it all sorted out in the morning. Mostly, I will be using my treadmill and Leslie sansone videos for exercise. I'm excited to do this and to make new friends as we go our journey together.

Leslie
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I totally just followed my friends Becky and Carla in here without them knowing...shhhhhh

I'm Bobbie, and I'll be 37 in 3 weeks...like someone else said, I like presents :-)

I love to exercise, and I've been so excited when taking part in challenges that track the number of calories I burn because it really helps me realize how much I hadn't done over the years and could've been doing all along. I'll never go back to being that girl again! Last week I burned over 6000 calories, which was above average because of being off work, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can do in a year and the difference that will make!!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I totally just followed my friends Becky and Carla in here without them knowing...shhhhhh

I'm Bobbie, and I'll be 37 in 3 weeks...like someone else said, I like presents :-)

I love to exercise, and I've been so excited when taking part in challenges that track the number of calories I burn because it really helps me realize how much I hadn't done over the years and could've been doing all along. I'll never go back to being that girl again! Last week I burned over 6000 calories, which was above average because of being off work, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can do in a year and the difference that will make!!

LMAO... You are too funny! Follow away I say! Glad to see you in here...
  • damenica
    Options
    Hello!! My name is Nella. I live in Alberta, Canada. My goal this year is to get to a healthy weight in a healthy way. Good food and regular excercise. Most of my calories burned will be on the treadmill or "just dance" on the WII and walking/jogging outside when the weather permits. I wish each & every one of you success with your goals!
  • andilynn82
    andilynn82 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

And I followed Bobbie after I saw it on her profile :) My name is Andrea, and I live in central IL. Most of my exercise comes from walking or a stationary bike. I'd love to join this challenge....my goal for the year is to lose about 60 pounds by November 5th (my 30th birthday) and a year-long challenge will really help me keep focused!
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Linda, and I sent you a private message as well. I am looking to lose a minimum of 35 pounds this year. Thank you for setting this up for us. I look forward to participating. Let's do this!!!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Linda, and I sent you a private message as well. I am looking to lose a minimum of 35 pounds this year. Thank you for setting this up for us. I look forward to participating. Let's do this!!!

Hey! And Linda followed me! :laugh: Glad you joined - let's rock out 2012!!
  • kendernau
    kendernau Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It's never too late to join the party! I'll make sure everyone is added, and I will be posting the first tracker results on Saturday.
  • jaxnjosh
    jaxnjosh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi - Im sorry i don't have a pic. 34yrs old. Female in Arizona. Im 5'7" I weigh 130. Don't really need to loose weight but am trying to tone up. Im also a newlywed.
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I've been sick so I haven't posted, but I'm definitely in for this challenge. It'll be nice to have something to work on all year! My goal is to lose anywhere from 15-25 pounds this year...that will land me right in the middle of the normal BMI range.
  • missamae
    missamae Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Melissa and this seems like a good way to make sure I try to exercise every day (which I am bad at). I am with-in normal BMI range for my height and age (5'3", 28) but marriage has added on a few pounds and I want to stop the trend before it is to late. So if any of you notice that I have not commented in a month send me a email telling me to get off my butt :p
  • kendernau
    Options
    Welcome. I have added you to the tracker - feel free to post your numbers whenever is convenient for you!
  • garayt
    garayt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :smile: My name is Tonya. I'm 28 (29 January 27). I just joined MFP yesterday via my phone and this is the first time I have actually been on the site. I want to lose about 40-50 pounds. The dieting part has never been that hard for me but I am a procrastinator and I always say I'll exercise after this show, paragraph, etc. which turns into 1 hour then 2 and then tomorrow (which never really seems to come). I am hoping that by joining this group it will help me to get in the exercise I need to reach my goal.
  • kendernau
    Options
    Welcome - and congratulations on taking the first step by setting a goal. I'll get you added to the tracker, and feel free to post your exercise numbers in the tracker as you do them - it really helps keep people focused and on track.
  • jdancer369
    Options
    Hi, I'm Janna. I am new to MFP and need to lose anout 80lbs. I struggle to lose weight and more important, I struggle to stay with things! I am really trying to be change and this will be different! I am not sure how this group works meaning how to post my kcals burned or where to post, hopefully someone will point me in the right direction! I am excited to join and get some motivation from all of your amazing numbers! Thanks