Best Blow Dryers

Options
macpatti
macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
I'm wanting a really nice blow dryer for Christmas (I never know what to ask my oldest sons for, so I ususally go for something I'd never get myself). So, any hair dressers out there? Thoughts?

Chi Rocket
Fhi Heat

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    i've never spent more than $20 - $50 on a blow dryer so i cannot recommend any expensive ones. one that i found at sally's which I think has made a world of difference on my hair is the Jilbere Tourmaline Tools Anti Static Dryer $53.99

http://www.sallybeauty.com/ionic-dryer/SBS-345608,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair09-03
    -lightweight
    -inexpensive
    -reduces frizz and static
    -cuts down on drying time
    - quiet

let me know if u decide to give it a try :)
  • macpatti
    Options
    Thanks! The ones I listed are close to $200. I'll check out the one you suggested, too. I'll let you know!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    i've never spent more than $20 - $50 on a blow dryer so i cannot recommend any expensive ones. one that i found at sally's which I think has made a world of difference on my hair is the Jilbere Tourmaline Tools Anti Static Dryer $53.99

http://www.sallybeauty.com/ionic-dryer/SBS-345608,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair09-03
    -lightweight
    -inexpensive
    -reduces frizz and static
    -cuts down on drying time
    - quiet

let me know if u decide to give it a try :)

i shud also tell u that my hair is naturally curly and a bit on the thin side. this blow dryer makes my drying time shorter and give me body. i like that the cool shot button stays on rather than having to hold it down like in past blow dryers i've owned
  • macpatti
    Options
    i shud also tell u that my hair is naturally curly and a bit on the thin side. this blow dryer makes my drying time shorter and give me body. i like that the cool shot button stays on rather than having to hold it down like in past blow dryers i've owned

Thanks. I have thick, naturally wavy hair (translation in Houston humidity is "frizzy"!).
  • macpatti
    Options
    So, here's my review of the three blow dryers I've had since Christmas. My son bought me the Sedu. It was heavy, a little loud, and would rotate between hot and cool on its own (not sure if it's designed to do that or not, but I didn't like it). So, I returned that one and got the Solaro. It seemed to take forever to dry my hair, and my hair was frizzier than normal, so I returned that one. I got the Chi Nano and I love it! My hair dries quickly and it's smooth and soft. The Sedu and the Solaro were $159.99 and the Chi was $199.99, but worth the $40 difference.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    So, here's my review of the three blow dryers I've had since Christmas. My son bought me the Sedu. It was heavy, a little loud, and would rotate between hot and cool on its own (not sure if it's designed to do that or not, but I didn't like it). So, I returned that one and got the Solaro. It seemed to take forever to dry my hair, and my hair was frizzier than normal, so I returned that one. I got the Chi Nano and I love it! My hair dries quickly and it's smooth and soft. The Sedu and the Solaro were $159.99 and the Chi was $199.99, but worth the $40 difference.

WOW! That seems expensive for blow-dryers...I rarely blow dry my hair though, so that may be why, lol. Chi does indeed make good stuff, I had a Chi straightener, and I LOVED it. Unfortunately, it broke within a few months. :( But when it worked, it worked amazing!
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I have both at home, and in the salon the CHI DEEP BRILLANCE. I LOVE it. It's light weight ( no carpal tunnel please ) and speedy! I got a kit with the dryer and flat iron for $120 each on sale. So for 2 flat irons, and 2 hairdryers I paid $240.
  • Saltywaffle
    Options
    I have long thick hair and use an air mover fan just 5-10 minutes and my naturally wave hair dries pretty much all the way through and straight. If I have any unwanted bumps or damp hair on the underside of my neck I tend to take 2 minutes to run a straightener over it just to make it look more polished. I find this method is way more time efficient and kind to my hair as there is minimal heat damage.
  • laurawater
    laurawater Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Best I have ever used is the Karmin ;)