Show Your Age!

Options
Hambone23
Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
Does anyone else besides me remember MUCKs and MUDs?

Replies

• caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Oh GOD yes! I LOVED my MUDs! You actually needed to read and use some imagination back then. :laugh:

A few years ago, I actually looked up one of my old ones just for kicks and it was STILL THERE. User base was down to like 15 regulars, but it was still fun to go back and re-explore the old world (and explore new zones that had been built since I quit). Kinda still miss them.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I *remember* them but I did not participate and thus I point the finger and yell "NERDS" at both of you.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I *remember* them but I did not participate and thus I point the finger and yell "NERDS" at both of you.

This ^^^^^^

No one mention sword and sorcery books though.....
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options

This ^^^^^^

No one mention sword and sorcery books though.....

To you both -- young'uns. :tongue:

Are ya talking about the genre or the anthologies? Either way, I don't suppose I have a leg to stand on. I still play tabletop D&D every so often with a group of friends ... and have even been known to DM a campaign or two. :blushing:
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, I actually looked up one of my old ones just for kicks and it was STILL THERE. User base was down to like 15 regulars, but it was still fun to go back and re-explore the old world (and explore new zones that had been built since I quit). Kinda still miss them.

I did the same thing. One of the ones I used to haunt is still there too! I can't believe someone actually knows what I'm talking about. :}