whats your goal weight & howd you pick it?

Options
_AshLynn
_AshLynn Posts: 134 Member
For me I'd love to be around 110 lbs. I've been there before and felt best, which is why its my goal.

Replies

• tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I was shooting for 120 cause I ve never been lower than 130. But now at 135 I'm looking a lot more slender than I did at 130. So I'm saying f*** the scale number. I'm running and lifting and going for what I like in the mirror rather than a number.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I don't have a goal weight yet. I have so much to lose and my journey will be so long that I just tell myself, "Let's shoot for losing 25 lbs." I figure I'll 25 lbs. my way down to near my ideal goal, and then I'll decide what that is.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Mini goals are great. I aimed for pre-pregnancy weight, then basic training weight, thn healthy BMI. Keeps you going :)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 125. I'm 2 pounds away, and still not happy. So after the new year, I'm changing tacks and working on strength instead of the scale. I had started doing that in the summer, but due to illnesses and just general crap I stopped.
  • _AshLynn
    _AshLynn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Goal weights are tough. I feel like it's hard for me to stick to a goal weight because I feel like I will always want to go lower.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I was shooting for 125lbs! I am short though, really short, 5'-0". lol
    Currently 160lbs and was initially 186lbs.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    lowest I ever been was 237. I still had a small pooch. I figured another 15-20 lbs. more and I'd be happy so I decided on 220 lbs. According to my doctor for my height, 6'3 and large frame I should be 185-200. I think that's too small but who knows? I really never been thin so I really can't say if it's too low or not. Either way shooting for 220 lbs.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Measured bodyfat, calculated how much my fat weighed, subtracted enough to leave me at about ~8-10% bf. That should put me right about 220lbs.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Measured bodyfat, calculated how much my fat weighed, subtracted enough to leave me at about ~8-10% bf. That should put me right about 220lbs.

I did something similar, puts me around 145-150 (5'6") at 18-20% BF

Right now I'd be pretty satisfied to get down to 160 though.
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Aiming for 160-170, I've been @ that weight before and I was happy there. But with all the lifting, I'm not sure that's going to be accurate. I've already slimmed down a lot, but haven't lost a HUGE amount of weight. I'm pretty much F the scale, go by how I feel right now. But I would like to see the numbers go down :)
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I am 6' and shooting for 175-180. Seems like a pretty good weight for me, I have a larger frame.
  • davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    MY initial goal was 160, which got me out of "Overweight" on the BMI scale. AS I approached that, I reset my goal to 150 because "Ideal" for someone with my height, gender, and frame is around 150.

I'm about 4lbs from my new goal, so I'm going to switch to maintenance and start a weight training program to build muscle and continue to drop my body fat % (which is currently around 17%). I'll have to use MFP to be sure that I'm getting enough calories while doing the heavy lifting.
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My goal is around the 118lbs/54kg mark. Not going to be too fussed if I don't reach it since I know that the numbers on the scale aren't THAT important compared to how a person looks and feels, but I'm determined! I basically settled on that number because it's within my healthy weight range and it will get me out of the "overweight" range on my BMI.
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Aiming for 120-125 lbs. According to body fat calculators, that's where I'll be if I aim for ~20% body fat. Good enough for me!
  • aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I want 140, since thats where it would put me at roughly 15% body fat..
  • spinedocmfp
    spinedocmfp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My first goal was to get under 200 after being 220. Then I thought at 190 I would be lean and mean, but once I was there I still had work to do. I am now shooting for 180. I am basically looking to get defined abs.
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My current goal is 235. This is what I weighed when I got married 12.5 years ago.
  • Paraflier17
    Options
    I picked 180. That's how much my father weighs, and he doesn't seem fat. lol. Pretty scientific, huh?