Protein powder?

Options
2»

Replies

• healthorhighwater
    healthorhighwater Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    so I got Nutribiotic Brown Rice Protein:) it's pretty good and not chalky with fruit at all!! 120calories for 24g of protein! and no fat:) no sodium either. I got the vanilla flavor because there was no unsweetened:)
  • MirelaH
    MirelaH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised no one mentioned this, but Spiru-Tein is amazing. I have tried every other vegan supplement and they're either disgusting or texturally unbearable. Spiru-Tein blends nicely--no chunks that won't dissolve--and it tastes surprisingly good. I'm very picky and have actually been sick because of the texture/taste of protein powders (and I've tried them all) and Spiru-Tein is the only one that has stayed on my shelf. It also has a lot of supplemental nutrients, is gluten-free and non-GMO. The generics from Vitamin Shoppe are just as good and cheaper.

Most vegans that I know avoid bee products. This protein powder contains bee pollen.

so I got Nutribiotic Brown Rice Protein:) it's pretty good and not chalky with fruit at all!! 120calories for 24g of protein! and no fat:) no sodium either. I got the vanilla flavor because there was no unsweetened:)

Can you tell us where you bought this protein powder from? Whole Foods? Thanks a bunch! :)
  • sxevegan
    Options
    I make smoothies with Hemp protein. It's natural, just powdered hemp seeds. I like that it is not overly processed like soy and I find it less expensive than some other protein powders.

I buy Bob's Red Mill Hemp Powder and $8.96 for 1 lb bag on Amazon.

When it comes to texture, people say soy and rice are chalky, hemp is gritty, and pea protein is smoothest.
  • healthorhighwater
    healthorhighwater Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just got it from my local Vitamin Shoppe:)
  • modine43
    modine43 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    try hemp powder.