At my work gathering

Options
Dootzy1
Dootzy1 Posts: 2,158 Member
I felt dismayed. We were treated to some good food, people ate and left. Was grateful for the food, but it all seemed so shallow. Guess when you personally try to shift your focus away from all the food, the spirit of the place becomes more obvious. I will pray for the spirit of our Savior Jesus to be with us at my gatherings in the coming week. will try to HONOR him!

Replies

• grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    "I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing ... G. K. Chesterton"

Gratitude in everything: this is the season to say thanks for the past year. To God, and to each other.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I love Chesterton!
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    you know, only Religious have the luxury of being religious all the time. Lay people in the World just can't be thinking and acting Christlike 24/7. Cut us all some slack and just have fun! :) Can you really think that your coworkers were not celebrating Advent or the Holidays without a grateful-to-God attitude?

Be happy.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,158 Member
    Options
    thanks for the reminder. I have felt less like my old "fun self" for awhile, and that doesn't do any good for anyone!!! Plus, I need to live more "in the moment"!!
  • MaryAnn678
    MaryAnn678 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    "I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing ... G. K. Chesterton"

Gratitude in everything: this is the season to say thanks for the past year. To God, and to each other.

Praying constantly:; the wordless raising of the mind and heart to God.
    Good luck to everyone in the coming year, let's all be a lot thinner by this time next year, set goals to meet, trust God to help you on your way and then do the best you can.