Are you.....

Options

Replies

• sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've only really liked drinking coffee for the last few years or so. I don't drink it as often as I would like to because of the headaches, so only have it about once a week.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Fighting the urge to make a pot right now. It's 8:57 pm on Christmas Eve. Know that if I give in, I'll be up all night. I could do decaf, but I really want my Trader Joe's Winter Blend. Must...hold....on.... morning's not that far away and I've a fresh box of half 'n half in my fridge.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Not new to drinking coffee, but I've slowly become more 'serious' about my coffee in the past 6-12 months.

I drink my coffee black. If it's made in a moka express, and I have the chance to heat and froth a tiny bit of milk, I'll add it, but almost always black. If it's just me, I use a French press, if my husband is home we make drip coffee. I sometimes (often) invite myself to my colleageus house on my way to do a workout because I know they'll make me a good cup of coffee, and it really helps with my workout!
  • Houseful4Him
    Options
    I have a Bunn coffee maker. It makes great coffee, and is done real quick. I drink a pot of half decaf/ half regular every morning. Sometimes I make another half a pot later in the day. I like iced coffee in the summer.
    I drink it black, or with cream and sugar free flavored syrup.
  • kutterba
    kutterba Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    OK, I'll chime in...
    I'm 63 years old and I've been drinking coffee since I was 12. I would get up with my father in the morning and make his instant coffee for him, sant and hold it while he shaved and take sips. :wink: Alot of history has passed since then and my preference is dark roast which I brew by using an individual cup Melita with 2 scoops - one SBC #4 or 5 and #3 decaf. I'm sensitive to the caffeine and would grind my teeth right down if I drank pure caffinated as strong as I like it.
    Yes, I'll dring almost anything in a pinch - even Nescafe' which tastes like crap...blech!:huh:
    I usually dring two cups in the morning and one in the afternoon.
    I love my (good) coffee!
    :drinker:
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    My daughter works at Starbucks and she doesn't drink coffee. I love getting her free pound of coffee a week. Since she lives in a different town she saves it up for me. I am a coffee lover, and also use creamer in it. I used to just drink it black and should of never used the flavor creamers. Oh well, I gave up soda two years ago. I don't think I can give up my coffee fix!
    I can't believe I'm jealous over free coffee.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Starbucks Sumatra extra bold. Grind-brew strong-enjoy
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I've been a coffee drinker since my teens. Those days it was just your usual ground flavored coffees in a standard manual drip coffee maker.

Late in college I started getting into the finer points of coffee. I took a liking to getting Americanos and espressos at the Starbucks in downtown Erie where I lived at the time. Didn't really have any specialty equipment at home, but got into higher quality beans.

Nowadays I brew coffee at home in a Cuisinart auto drip and use a conical burr grinder. The burr grinder is really quite a wonder - one of my smartest $50 purchases! I love an extremely dark, complex, and spicy roast. I try to pick up local specialty roasts wherever I happen to travel. Right now I'm enjoying the Holiday blend from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. I also enjoy an espresso (usually Cafe Bustelo...hey, it's cheap but good) on occasion made the old skool way with my trusty stovetop Bialetti.
  • nilima7
    Options
    I'd never cut out coffee because of my diet. I'd much rather sacrifice something else. When I started loosing weight I cut out the sugar so now I drink it with skim milk and the few cals that that adds I'm totally fine with.

I never thought I'd say this but I'm happy that we don't have Starbucks where I live because that would be hard to say no to if I knew I could have it whenever I wanted. On vacations I induldge in skinny lattes and skinny iced lattes from there though :)
  • Oplesandbanonos
    Oplesandbanonos Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I don't think i could go a full day without coffee. So far my favorite cup is when i mix cinnamon in with the grounds before brewing, then i add one splenda and 2 tbls heavy whipping cream. creamy, sweet, strong and cinnamony. it's delicious. Folgers makes an already mixed version called cinnamon swirl.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking coffee since my dad would make coffee milk for me when I was a child. Three parts milk, one part coffee and sugar added. I think that's why I can't drink today without sugar, I love the sweetness that goes with the bite of a good strong cup of coffee.

I reduced myself to one 6OZ cup a day and that hasn't seemed to hinder any weight loss with the sugar and such that I add into it, but as I learn a new lifestyle, I'm trying to lower refined sugars/carbs.

I own a brewer, Keurig and french press and enjoy all three. I'm still testing K-cups and I find that some of the blends are really lacking but Starbucks nailed it....I love their K-cups that just came out!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    images13.jpg
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    images10.jpg

Yessssssssssss.... simple, cheap and effective!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    This sounds odd at first but it is the most amazing way to enjoy coffee:
    Jamaican instant Mountain Peak (yes, instant - you wont believe how effing fabulous it is) and condensed milk.
    Holy shiza.... knock you over good and smells the whole kitchen of coffee-goodness.

data2-ai-ke-htvendor-3823684-images-product-large-32-250x250.jpg

plus

eagle-brand-sweetened-condensed-milk.jpg
  • Legalchica
    Options
    First I must say I will never drink insta coffee unless deployed and there is nothing else around. I take mine with splenda and a splash of some type of yummy creamer. Usually its a kona blend but every now and again I splurge and buy 100% kona :) YUM
  • zippo32
    Options
    Thanks, gonna try this............
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Jamaican instant Mountain Peak (yes, instant - you wont believe how effing fabulous it is) and condensed milk.
    Holy shiza.... knock you over good and smells the whole kitchen of coffee-goodness.
    Use the sweetened condensed milk in the place of a creamer or milk, so just throw a tablespoon or two in the finished mug of coffee?

Next time I bake something with that, I'm going to have to save a little to give it a go!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Use the sweetened condensed milk in the place of a creamer or milk, so just throw a tablespoon or two in the finished mug of coffee?

Next time I bake something with that, I'm going to have to save a little to give it a go!

Yes.. the condensed milk is sweetened so definitely do not use creamer or sugar. I use maybe 2 tsp.. hubby - who is Jamaican - uses like 4 tsps. Either way, it is so freaking good!
  • zippo32
    Options
  • kettrickenx
    kettrickenx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I usually drink Jacobs or Lavazza and I love my coffee black!:) But when I'm at a cafe, I usually order a cappuccino or a latte, no sugar.