Holiday Chat

Options
UrbanRunner81
UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
Craziness with the holidays, so new chat until after the craziness!

Replies

• bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Did NOT want to run today. This isn't a usual feeling for me, but I've been very intense with my dedication to running since starting training for my half marathon. I started triathlons because I don't like being stuck to one exercise but it's become that way with running since winter & HM training started. I don't ever want to dread my workouts and I think this one skipped run won't kill my training (it wasn't a long run or anything new/special) but it will keep my motivation from falling. I did upper body strength training instead of run today, which was good since I needed to do strength training too.

Merry Christmas everyone!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I've had the stomach flu since Tuesday. My new friend "Ginger Chews" - I may even try these when running when not ill. Thankfully, it come and goes. Although I'm not keeping food in, I was still able to meet a friend when out of town yesterday to run 7 miles and some intervals. I'm still hoping for a 12 mile run today, for training, but tryng to decide just how I feel. Stomach is making terrible noises and would hate to get out on the run and not be able to find a safe place to stop if needed. I'm really struggling with the balance of "rest when will" and "run through it".
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Marathon training officially started on Monday!! Doing this week's long run tomorrow: 8 miles.

After the 8 miles tomorrow, and I plan on another 3 on Saturday, I'll have run over 90 miles this month, the highest yet and for most of this month I wasn't even following a training plan! I guess it's an official addiction now. :o)
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I finished my last training program just before Christmas, so I'm free to do what I like now. I am now beginning to run in a lift, and will see if that will help my hip and reduce injuries. Two very slow and short runs with it so far. I can feel it in my back for sure, but better the second day than the first. will plan to pick it up a bit more tomorrow.

Pam
  • memobe
    memobe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It is hard to fit it in during the holidays but i didn't do too bad. I got a few runs in and I got a new bike trainer so I can now bike inside and have done a few spinerval workouts. Loving that!