When the stupid hits...

Options
missdaisy79
missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
Had a real bimbo moment this morning. We ran out of money last week, and ferret food ran out yesterday, so we had to top up the bowl with some cat kibble (sorry ferrets!!). I went up the pet shop this morning, but forgot I'd left my debit card in the drawer so I couldn't use it. I ended up being unable to buy any ferret food as it cost more than the cash I had in my purse, so had to settle for buying some treats instead. Looks like another trip to the pet shop is on the cards for later! Duh. :grumble:

At least I discovered this at the pet shop rather than say, the petrol station after I'd filled up.

Replies

• Anna_43
    Anna_43 Posts: 117
    Options
    Oh... If you WALKED to that pet shop.. would have been an extra exercise ;)

Got a similar/different story.

Went to get cat food - came home with no cat food but with another cat...LOL
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I know of a guy in a band who was sent out by his bandmates to buy beer, but came back with a rabbit instead. A live pet rabbit (nothing bad happened to the rabbit, I hasten to add).
  • Anna_43
    Options
    My cousin went to a shop with her yorkie, got her shopping, came back home and had a horrible feeling she forgotten something.

Yup she did, left her yorkie tied up by the shop.....
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    I don't know what this says about me but...

I have got half way to work before (driving) and thought "oh no I've forgotten my car keys" :noway:
  • Anna_43
    Options
    Was walking Zara before work one day last year so was in my work suits (Next, petite at the time... LOL - skirt suit) and as it was a bit yuk on the massive green outside had my green wellies on.

Brought Zara back home, picked up my bag, went to the bus stop and wondered why people ar looking funny at me - yu, still had my green wellies on.. to (not) match my plum skirt suit....
  • TeeferTiger
    TeeferTiger Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I was providing the first aid cover with St John Ambulance for the Dawn Walk (a sponsored 9km walk which starts at dawn for the local hospice) a few years back, and was using the light on my phone as a torch. I then had a mega panic thinking I'd lost my phone because I couldn't find it in my pocket when it was in my hand... :blushing:

I also once saw a female bird in the garden and said to my Mum "What are those birds called that are black but aren't crows?" and she replied "What, Black Birds?!". I just said "Oh yeah...". I knew that the males of this female bird were black, I just couldn't think what the species was called!

My husband came out with a cracker of "Asparagus veins" last year though. I was nearly crying.

And my sister in law is always getting her words mixed up. When Amanda Holden came out on BGT dressed up in her 50's gear a few years back, my SIL said "Who does she think she is?! Madelaine Monroe?!". Then, whilst trying to put my great nephew into his high chair she said in frustration "I can't work these contractions!". She also once bought a 'pullet' of strawberries, there's 'smoke' coming off the food (not steam!), the birds are 'twerping'... :laugh: