Level 2 - tell us about it

Options
MJ7910
MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
If you've started level 2, would like to know how it's been going for you. I've heard it's harder than level 1. but i want details :)

Replies

• MJ7910
    Options
    ok i just started it last night. and whew, it was killer! not loving some of the exercises in this level. not sure if you'll agree with me, but do you feel like some of the moves are a bit complicated? like the dancing crab thing... just why???? :) lol
    and some of the stuff in the warm up feels like a dance routine. i'm sure i'll adapt to it over time, just like i did to level 1. although i never did the advanced judo bridge in level 1, just felt like i was constantly losing my balance and wanted to do it correctly. i wonder if i'll be able to work up to any of the advanced moves in level 2. i try and do the plyometric/jumping stuff but boy is that killer. i don't do the scissor lunges, just regular jumping lunges. i think the scissor lunges might kill me right now. maybe i'll try to do them once i've done this level a few times. i am gonig to try to add weights to some of the moves tonight when i do it. like the one on a chair, it doesn't erally seem that bad (the one when you step up on the chair. it feels pretty doable with weights, as do a few of the others, maybe the fast squats i can hold a small weight in each hand... gotta get myself some goals. level 2 is hard enough already... so i probably don't need to make it worse!
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Im on day 5 of level 2 and I like it muuuuch better than level 1, but I don't think I'll ever be able to do the scissor lunges!! Soo hard.
    Also the single-leg burpee is a killer!
    It's nice to see the improvement each day, like not having to stop the dvd to catch my breath lol But for me, this is the hardest Jillian Michael's workout I've ever done!
  • MJ7910
    Options
    Im on day 5 of level 2 and I like it muuuuch better than level 1, but I don't think I'll ever be able to do the scissor lunges!! Soo hard.
    Also the single-leg burpee is a killer!
    It's nice to see the improvement each day, like not having to stop the dvd to catch my breath lol But for me, this is the hardest Jillian Michael's workout I've ever done!

for sure, it's very challenging. but i'm with you, i really want to do level 2 today because then i get some rest time until 12/26. and i know it's going to be making me sweat and going to be so hard, but i really want to do it. today will be my day 3. i took my measurements of waist and hip and have dropped 0.5 inch already since when i measured on 12/11 when i started the workout. so i think it's gotta be doing something!
  • wildestian
    Options
    I'm going to take an unplanned rest day, yesterday I did Killer Bun & Thighs lvl2, 30DS lvl 1 and then No More Trouble Zones and 30DS lvl so I could have fun and not worry that night and today IM DEAD! hahahah I can barely move, my butt hurts so bad lol
  • MJ7910
    Options
    i'm actually starting to really like level 2. i definitely feel like i'm getting a good workout, it is challenging, i am able to use weights on most of the moves. and i can do a few advanced sets now. i am hoping by day 10 i can do all the advanced.
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    did level 2 today again, maybe 3rd time (i am alternating this dvd with 6 week 6 pack) and i can do the surrender's with weights this time :) it's getting a little easier but still super hard.

my heart rate got up to 167 at one point, but stayed in the 150s, got as low as 125.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    sounds like we are all doing our best struggling along to this one! i was completely off focus yesterday, don't know if it was my best effort... day 6 of level 2 today. i will try and focus better!
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    sounds like we are all doing our best struggling along to this one! i was completely off focus yesterday, don't know if it was my best effort... day 6 of level 2 today. i will try and focus better!

Do you wear a hrm? if so how many calories are you burning from B&T alone? I'm still on level 1 bc I want to start B&T fresh for the new year for 6 wks 5 x per week....I can say it's really not getting all that easy but I think I will use my 5lb on 1/1 just on level 1 to change it up a bit.....oh but I'm feeling pain in both knees right after the work....usually goes away during the day....
  • wildestian
    Options
    Do you wear a hrm? if so how many calories are you burning from B&T alone?

I'm curious too, I'd like to know how different are the calories burned according to MFP (circuit training) and a hrm.
  • MJ7910
    Options

Do you wear a hrm? if so how many calories are you burning from B&T alone? I'm still on level 1 bc I want to start B&T fresh for the new year for 6 wks 5 x per week....I can say it's really not getting all that easy but I think I will use my 5lb on 1/1 just on level 1 to change it up a bit.....oh but I'm feeling pain in both knees right after the work....usually goes away during the day....

no i don't have a hrm... i just guess based on what MFP says. i don't know if it's completely accurate but i figure it's pretty close. some of MFP's estimates are way off. I guess i could get a HRM i just haven't yet.

definitely take your time if you're feeling pain. wouldn't want to wear yourself out so you don't want to do it again. i felt that way when i did my first jillian video. it was tough and i had a lot of soreness. i hadn't worked out for about 2 years! but seems like the more i do them the more i get used to working the muscles. also a protein shake helps if i drink it after workouts. i noticed much less soreness.
  • msmayor
    Options

I'm curious too, I'd like to know how different are the calories burned according to MFP (circuit training) and a hrm.

The first 2 days I burned almost 400 calories......and I usually workout 5-6x per week so I took it as being new to my body.... but now it burns my normal JM burn about 300-330 cals.....and this is usually not enough for me so I will do Turbo Fire 60 for only 30 min because my legs would allow me to do more or run on the treadmill for 30 min or so to bring my calorie burn 500-600 so I can have more too eat :bigsmile:
  • msmayor
    Options

The first 2 days I burned almost 400 calories......and I usually workout 5-6x per week so I took it as being new to my body.... but now it burns my normal JM burn about 300-330 cals.....and this is usually not enough for me so I will do Turbo Fire 60 for only 30 min because my legs would allow me to do more or run on the treadmill for 30 min or so to bring my calorie burn 500-600 so I can have more too eat :bigsmile:
  • wildestian
    Options

Thanks, MFP says I burn around 240 cals and I'm short, so I guess its close.
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I used my HRM for the first time with L1 this week and it said I burned 364 calories and was in the "fat burning zone" for all but 3 mins of the entire workout. I was impressed because I thought it would be lower.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Im confused about the godesspose move. Do I go done and rest for a beat or do I just go down all the way and turn around, more like a fluid movement? Ive tried both but just curious wich one I should stick with.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    Im confused about the godesspose move. Do I go done and rest for a beat or do I just go down all the way and turn around, more like a fluid movement? Ive tried both but just curious wich one I should stick with.

i'm not sure what you'll want to do, it kind of depends on your comfort level. i can get pretty low on that one but i come up pretty far, not like anita. she stays down pretty low the whole time and that kills me. so i go down pretty low but come up a bit higher than anita. i try to make it fluid if i can.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    i wanted to let you all know that when i was doing those sitting pop up things i caused a slight cramp in the back of my leg. i am not sure how i did it but it really scared me because it was hard to straigten out my leg during the rest of the workout. please take it easy on that one. i think i'm not going to do it the next go round and maybe throw some lunges in there instead. or maybe something for the abs... don't want to risk injury.

i am taking today (31st) and tomorrow (1st) off from this to just let things recover. back on the 2nd.
  • wildestian
    Options
    i wanted to let you all know that when i was doing those sitting pop up things i caused a slight cramp in the back of my leg. i am not sure how i did it but it really scared me because it was hard to straigten out my leg during the rest of the workout. please take it easy on that one. i think i'm not going to do it the next go round and maybe throw some lunges in there instead. or maybe something for the abs... don't want to risk injury.

i am taking today (31st) and tomorrow (1st) off from this to just let things recover. back on the 2nd.

The same exact thing happened to me a week ago! I also took 2 days of rest for my leg to recover, and it still hurted, so yeap, I second that, take it easy on that one.