Welcome n Introduction

Hi,
All who want to spice up the life and starting with the food :)
Lets create a list of spices and discuss the spices which are good for health and make the food tastier at the same time.

Replies

• carriedavis77
    carriedavis77 Posts: 68 Member
    My two favorites... Garlic and Cinnamon... not TOGETHER though! LOL :)

I know I've read how Cinnamon is supposed to somehow help with weight loss... not sure about Garlic though
  • Hi here for support and to support others and learn new ways to spice my meals thanks Merry Christmas<3
  • Aaloo79
    Aaloo79 Posts: 105
    Hi carriedavis77
    Yes, you are probably right, Cinnamon actually increases the heart rate (leading to weight loss) but should be consumed in moderation.

I will write a seperate post for this great spice :)
  • Aaloo79
    Thanks PINKSPARKLEQUEEN1965,
    Merry Christmas to you too.
  • Hi everyone!

My two favorites:

1) Garlic. Garlic goes with everything. Even ice cream (lol j/k)

2) Every hot pepper under the sun! If something is not a dessert, I usually dump something spicy on top, ranging from fresh banana peppers to punishing habaneros! When I was a little girl, I used to snack on jalapeno's, just eat them right up to the stem, seeds and all. Where many people have a sweet tooth, I guess I kind of have a "pepper tooth"! ;)
  • Aaloo79
    Thanks xMedullaOblongatax,

Well, I'm quite a foodie and eat a green chilli with most of my meals :glasses:
    you prompted me to write separate topics on these two: garlic and chilli.

My web hunting starts :bigsmile:
  • Aaloo79
    Thanks xMedullaOblongatax,

Well, I'm quite a foodie and eat a green chilli with most of my meals :glasses:
    you prompted me to write separate topics on these two: garlic and chilli.

My web hunting starts :bigsmile:
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Hello everyone!

I really like to use all kinds of spices and herbs for my foods!

I also love garlic and chilli! At the moment my favorite spices besides those two are cumin and cardamom!
  • barbara1982
    Hello everyone!

I really like to use all kinds of spices and herbs for my foods!

I also love garlic and chilli! At the moment my favorite spices besides those two are cumin and cardamom!
  • barbara1982
    sorry double post!
  • Aaloo79
    Welcome Barbara!
    You are most welcome to share any health benefits (apart from gastronomic adventures :bigsmile: ) of any spices that you know of...
  • barbara1982
    Welcome Barbara!
    You are most welcome to share any health benefits (apart from gastronomic adventures :bigsmile: ) of any spices that you know of...

At the moment I don't have any knowledge about health beneits of spices (just know about their taste) :-). I hope to learn a lot about that here!