Prayer Requests

WWH_AJ
WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
edited 3:48PM in Social Groups
I know I have a few people in my life that are in need of prayers. This could be the official prayer request thread, or just mine, it doesn't matter to me.

First of all, I have a few children in my community that have been diagnosed with cancer. At the beginning of December one little boy succumbed to his brain cancer :( I also found out this week that one of my sororoty advisors who is also very involved on my campus has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She's having surgery tomorrow to remove the lump. She is such a strong and wonderful woman who has inspired me greatly. She is also the mother of a precious 1 year old. I would ask that everyone can pray for their recovery and strength during these trying times, especially the young cancer warriors. I just pray that they can all be cured or at least given peace.

I also want everyone to keep in their prayers those who have lost loved ones recently. I know during the Holiday seasons it's hard when your loved ones are gone, but especially hard if it's the first holiday that they're gone.

Replies

• JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    I know I have a few people in my life that are in need of prayers. This could be the official prayer request thread, or just mine, it doesn't matter to me.

First of all, I have a few children in my community that have been diagnosed with cancer. At the beginning of December one little boy succumbed to his brain cancer :( I also found out this week that one of my sororoty advisors who is also very involved on my campus has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She's having surgery tomorrow to remove the lump. She is such a strong and wonderful woman who has inspired me greatly. She is also the mother of a precious 1 year old. I would ask that everyone can pray for their recovery and strength during these trying times, especially the young cancer warriors. I just pray that they can all be cured or at least given peace.

I also want everyone to keep in their prayers those who have lost loved ones recently. I know during the Holiday seasons it's hard when your loved ones are gone, but especially hard if it's the first holiday that they're gone.

Praying God heals them as well as gives you strength and comfort.
  • TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    My prayers are with you and your friends. God does have a purpose in all things!!!
  • JeremiahStone
    Please pray for one of my friends who has ovarian cancer and only a few weeks to live.. Pray for her family and husband as well. Thanks, God bless
    ~Jeremy
  • 2bfit4life55
    2bfit4life55 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Amber, I will certainly keep your friends and family in my prayers. I also know of two families who have lost loved ones this year...both lost their child in tragic accidents recently. It is a tough time for them. Please keep the Pierce family in your prayers, and also keep the Harte family in your prayers. The Harte family have lost a family member for the past 5 months!

My 17yod. friend is in a behavior rehab facility. She is 13yo. and it is looking like she will be diagnosed as being either bipolar or syzophrenic (?). The family is hurting to see her pulled away during this time of year, yet they know it is best for her to get some professional help.

My son is struggling in school academically. He is in the 7th grade. It looks like he may fail. I am so concerned for him, not just the failure but it will affect him for years to come...in high school and beyond. Please pray that God will create in him a desire to want to do the right thing. Our finances will not allow us to be able to pay for tutoring or to get professional help. I know that he is in God's hand, but it is so hard to watch them make their mistakes when you know the extent of the consequences. His low grades are also influencing his self-esteem, which is also affecting his behavior. Please pray for peace, strength, and knowing that God is in control of all of this and that he already knows the outcome of my son's choices.

Jeremy, I will also pray for the friend who is struggling with ovarian cancer.

seeking to keep JOY in Christmas,
    Dottie :)
  • JeremiahStone
    Hey Dottie! I'll keep your friend and your son in my prayers. God bless!
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Ditties and Jeremiah, I will keep your friends and family in my prayers!

My sorority advisor's surgery went well yesterday and the doctors removed two lymphs instead of one. They're sending them to pathology and will find out the results on Tuesday. I am so praying for a negative!!
This discussion has been closed.