Question: What do you do if you have to break through illnes

Options
fastbelly
fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
Right, as some of you know I fell ill last week and have had to skip over a week of my preparation for the half marathon. how would you guys/girls go about restarting your training after a period like this?

I'm planning to get out for a run today but am unsure as to if I should just resume the training plan where I was at or ease up into it by making some adaptations?

What is your experience in this scenario?

Replies

• lucyg1
    lucyg1 Posts: 29
    Options
    I've done a few half marathons but one had a chest infection thrown in the middle and I was out for 2 weeks. I tired starting at the week that I was meant to be on but energy levels were shot and I got injuried with the extra mileage too soon. I suggest you start with the week you missed and see how you feel run by run. Make sure you get lots of rest, try to eat as healthly as possible and get your sleep in, to bluid the immune system back up, if what ever caused your illness is still lurking if might come back worse if you don't look after yourself this week.
    Hope this helps, which half marathon are you doing? Are you looking for a time or just going to run it?