Introductions

Options
getsveltEagain
getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
Why don't we get to know everyone? Just say a little something about yourself or copy your profile summary.

Replies

• getsveltEagain
    Options
    I guess I should go first!

I am a single mother, full time employee, part time student, training for half marathons, and dating a wonderful guy (so far 6months). So time is not something I have a lot of.

I started trying to lose weight on my own in Oct 2010 (weighing in at 214) but knew that I needed more support and accountability than just me going to the local YMCA when I felt like it. I started MFP Jan 26, 2011 and weighed 205 . After losing 38 (47) pounds I am in the last 20 pounds that I want to lose. It seems those are slower than the rest for most people and probably me too. I will have patience to get through my journey.

My motto has always been SLOW AND STEADY FINISHES THE RACE. I don't go for time or places, I go to cross that finish line!

I am currently working on eating clean to maintain my success. I decided the new year will be my "kickoff" . I bought "The Clean Eating Diet With Kids & Families" to help make that happen and will be doing Bodybuilding.com Jamie Eason's Livefit 12 week program. I have very picky food taste and lack the adventurous gene to try new foods. I will post about my clean eating sucesses and welcome any insight from those that currently are
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm Ruthie, I just got married this month! I'm a US Army soldier, and very proud of it! I started getting in shape in August of 2010, and never looked back. Now I'm just looking to get over this plateau I am on, hoping to sculpt of awesome muscle tone!
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    my name is Denise. i am 40 hrs old and started with MFP in sept. Of this year. I am very motivated to lose weight and feel better About myself. It is one day at a time. I have to beautiful children and a wonderful husband.

I am not sure exactly how this works but am really interested in finding out.

Thanks,
    Denise
  • Bheller234
    Options
    Hello, I'm Brandi. I am as of today 24. I work full time trying to get enough money to get a good job in my college degree of Photography. It's a hard business but i determined to succeed. I've been say for a few years now that i wanted to lose weight but had no one telling me "you can do it" or anything like that so i just didn't do it. I want to get down to about 140-145 and am currently at 155. When i started last month i was between 160-165 so 5ish pounds down is a pretty good start for me. So like i said i work full time at a desk job :grumble: and after work i do 4 days of karate, two days for 45 minute and the other two for and hour and a half. Last week i got my green belt which was a huge accomplishment since i have only been in karate for about 4 months. Lots of hard work and my teacher believed i deserved it. :happy: Some of the other students were upset because when i got tested i skipped 3 belts and they didn't understand how much effort i put into it.

I really wanted to do this because i know i can do better and really want to push myself. And to me every pound counts and is a big step. Can't wait to get started! :smile:

And congratulation Ruthie! :happy:
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    My name is Nikki, I'm 26 years old and I started mfp in Nov 2010 when I just could not stand what the scale was telling me anymore. I feel like I have gained so much knowledge and willpower from being on mfp. I am in the last 10-15 lbs of the weight-loss part of my journey... then I will be here for the MAINTAIN part. I am excited to start this program! I hope I can keep up with it all!
  • skwildcat07
    Options
    I just turned 29 and I'm on a mission to be fit and helathy before my 30th birthday! I've always envied the fit/toned people and I've now made the choice to be one of "them". All the great things I've read about this program have convinced me to go through the 12 weeeks fully! Looking foward to starting with a group of people all with the same goal and going through the same process!

Thanks! Brooke
  • scgma
    scgma Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Boy do I have a story to tell...48 yr old mom of 3, grandma to 1, freshman in college going after my BS of Science in Health and Wellness, new job as a Wellness Coach AND almost at my goal !!!! I want to stay active, tone and define and never go back !!!
    Nice to meet you all !!
    :drinker:
    Sonya
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Great to meet everyone so far!!!
  • scgma
    scgma Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    So what are the goals for the New Year !!! I soo want to keep this healthy body moving !!!!
    :flowerforyou:
    Sonya
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm Cana. I'm 40 (something :blushing: ), the mother of 5, mima (gramma) to two little munchkins who live with us. I started MFP on 01/18/2011 and have lost just over 50 pounds. I work back to back jobs (8:30-5 and 5:15-10:30) M-F and have a two hour communte (1 hr to work and home again) each day.

My goal is to lose 7% body fat by summer. The eating is in control, but I have such a hard time finding time to exercise each day. In the summer, I can get in a 20 min walk/run each afternoon, but it snows here and I live where there are no sidewalks. It is too dangerous to walk on the road, so I know I need to get some exercise in. Looking for support and motivation!
  • Fitnessjill1
    Fitnessjill1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jill. I have been fit- then got married and had a baby- and got unfit. I have had a blast using MFP the last month or so. Exercise has been regular, now I'm ready to dial it up.
  • MissGoHard
    MissGoHard Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Great meeting everyone!

I'm Wendy! I am 29 years old! I am married to a wonderful man (Nick) 3 years this past Monday December 26th =).

Its so great to meet people that are working towards a common goal as you are so thats why I am here. I was so excited to find a LiveFit group on MFP. I have been a member of MFP since June 2011, I've lost a total of 42lbs, now I am looking to tone and deine some muscle! I want insane legs for my 30th bday (June next year...lol)

I have been looking at Jamie Eason's program off and on now for quite some time, but never really could give it my full 100% attention, but thats about to change in a few days.
  • superradtina
    superradtina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am 29 years old, mother to a wild 10 year old, full time student and business owner. I am excited to do this program because I love to work out and just need a little guidance from time to time. I am currently 135lbs and 24% bf and would like to drop to 17% bf by the end of the program. Good luck to everyone in the group! :D

Tina
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Glad to have everyone joining the group! Please send message and friend requests as you like :bigsmile: we could all use the encouragement :wink:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! I just signed up for Jamie Eason's Live Fit trainer today. My life was turned upside down a bit recently, as a month ago my husband became unemployed...then two weeks later so did I! Yikes! So I used to start off introductions as "My name is Mary Beth and I am a full time working mom!" But now I have to say, "My name is Mary Beth and I am currently a Stay at Home Mom!" This is exciting and scary to me at the same time. The big bummer is the first 5 1/2 years of my son's life I was working and now that he is in Kindergarten, I am home. So I figure let's not waste this time at home. I still have about 15 pounds to lose, but am really looking to tone up and maybe even get a little bit ripped! I was an athlete in high school and remained pretty active until I started working at a desk in 2003. Then I had my son in 2006, gained a bunch of weight when pregnant, then dropped it all...then gained most of it back again! Since last year I have lost 45 pounds, 42 with MFP and am looking for a new challenge so that's why I signed up for the Live Fit Trainer! Can't wait to start today!

Any advice on the first few weeks...she says there is no cardio...I assume a daily walk wouldn't kill the results of the program?
  • cbaylis
    cbaylis Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group! I have been looking at it for three days and decided to go ahead, because I have just enough days left in the week to do the first workout! My only concern is that I don't know about the nutrition part. I believe that I read on one of the post that you had a spreadsheet or something. Can you email it to me? hokiechik@gmail.com

I am 32, a High School Teacher. I have trouble staying consistent with what I do. I like to sign up for races, because it forces me to jog. However, I also know how slow to run now so that even if I haven't trained, I can finish while running the whole time. I am not good about strength training, so I thought this would be a good way to ease myself into it.

Please pass along any food information. Thanks!
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Hello to all the new people!!! Thanks for giving a short intro about yourself :bigsmile:
  • rdpixie
    rdpixie Posts: 96
    Options
    Hey guys!

I'm Rhia, I'm 26 and I live in London, UK! I'm not overweight any more I'm just after vanity pounds - looking to shed that final 10lbs! I am a huge fan of Jamie Eason and this programme looks great so I thought I'd give it a whirl! Started the eating earlier this week but started the workouts yesterday!

Look forward to getting to know you guys :)
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I just found out there were groups! I am 24 years old and from Virginia. I just finished Week 2 Day 11! I am now starting my 3 rest days and then heading into Week 3 on Monday. The first week I was SOOOOO SORE I felt like I got hit by a car! This week was better! I was only a little sore and could still function! I love this program so far!
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Hello evanescencexl and rdpixie.... thanks for introducing yourself!