Favorite DMB Song.. yeah like you could choose one

Options
Ok, so I know most of us that are true fans, probably couldn't pick just one song.

I will say there are a few songs that are more meaningful and moveing to me, than others.

These songs are always in the top of my playlist

The Stone
The Maker
Typical Situation
Rapunzel
Dacning Nancies
Satelite...

OK, I could just list out the whol catalog of songs...

Replies

• diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I go through phases of fave dave songs but the ones that are constant are

dreaming tree
    typical situation
    lie in our graves
    oh
    warehouse

and i absolutly love their covers of watchtower, cortez the killer and down by the river

right now i'm a little addicted to the entire live in vegas cd of dave and tim.....tim's rendition of Kashmir is off the hook
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options

dreaming tree
    typical situation
    lie in our graves
    oh
    warehouse

and i absolutly love their covers of watchtower, cortez the killer and down by the river

right now i'm a little addicted to the entire live in vegas cd of dave and tim.....tim's rendition of Kashmir is off the hook
    A lot of excellent choices there.

I will also agree that I go through phases too.. I remember a time where I listened to Crotez the Killer like every single day, Dave and Warren Haynes in NY.. excellent cover..

one of my favorite versions of dreaming tree is live trax 14 at the Nissan pavillion. its a14 minute version of dreamin tree.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    OOohh..so hard. The Dreaming Tree--41--Crush--The Idea of You--The Stone--Hunger for the Great Light--Seek Up

I think my favorite album is Before These Crowded Streets
  • heidiberr
    Options

dreaming tree
    typical situation
    lie in our graves
    oh
    warehouse

A lot of excellent choices there.

I will also agree that I go through phases too.. I remember a time where I listened to Crotez the Killer like every single day, Dave and Warren Haynes in NY.. excellent cover..

one of my favorite versions of dreaming tree is live trax 14 at the Nissan pavillion. its a14 minute version of dreamin tree.

I saw The Dreaming Tree from 4th row--first time they opened with it--Alpine Valley 2007. It will always be a favorite because of that.

You know the live at Europe DVD they did from London? I was at that show. I get to relive it every time I watch it--incredible.
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    <
    username. nancies is my fav. song of all time. i could listen to it thousands of times and it just feels so right every single time. i even have a fire dancer tattoo on my left forearm!
  • heidiberr
    Options
    <
    username. nancies is my fav. song of all time. i could listen to it thousands of times and it just feels so right every single time. i even have a fire dancer tattoo on my left forearm!

Fire dancer on my ankle! Twins!
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    <

I have a full back mural of the entire band on stage playing with Tim Reynolds, Bela Fleck, Warren Haynes and Dave up front.

LOL OK that would be a little over the top, my wife would kill me if I did that. She already says she thinks I would go gay for Dave... hmmm maybe.. if he bought me a few drinks first... whatever... she is just jealous.... LOL
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Grey Street - will always be my go to ( I don't know why)
    Dancing Nancies
    Ants Marching
    Crush

Really its hard to choose they all have their place :)
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This is nearly impossible! I will list my current faves, mine change from time to time too.

One Sweet World
    Grey Street
    Seven
    Dancing Nancies
    Seek Up

As soon as I send this I will think of more. It totally depends on my mood. I also love the whole So Much to Say/ Too Much thing that they do. I was at a show at Alpine Valley and they did Jimi Thing. Dave only sang the chorus and the crowd sang all the verses. It was ****ing outstanding.

I also loved the Dave solo shows, from those I loved Stay or Leave. Ahh, so many favorites!!
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    <

I have a full back mural of the entire band on stage playing with Tim Reynolds, Bela Fleck, Warren Haynes and Dave up front.

LOL OK that would be a little over the top, my wife would kill me if I did that. She already says she thinks I would go gay for Dave... hmmm maybe.. if he bought me a few drinks first... whatever... she is just jealous.... LOL

ahahhahahahhaha, now that would be a tattoo!!!
  • heidiberr
    Options
    <

You know I almost got the lyrics 'Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I'll work it out" put around my firedancer tat.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    It's impossible to pick a favorite. :) But these are the ones that I probably visit most often.

Best Of What's Around
    Dreaming Tree
    Warehouse
    You Never Know
    Diggin A Ditch
    Proudest Monkey

My 3 year old son heard a snippet of Dave singing Watermelon Song and he thought it was the best thing ever. I now have to sing it about 20 times a day.

Edit: Have to add in Lie In Our Graves, especially since it is my username. :)