HIT training every day?

Options
Hi guys,

I also really love Jilian Michael's DVDs - I got into it when living the US. I have No more trouble zones - a great workout! And much tougher than Yoga Meltdown or Six week sixpack (although those are great too.)

I just read something about HIT training that I found very interesting, and wanted to share and discuss it with others. My first goal was 5 times a week (I still manage only 3-4 times), but then I read the BBC health site, which recommends no more than 3-4 super intense training sessions per week. If you do it every day, you apparently give your muscles no time to recover, and deprive yourself of the afterburn effect.....

So what are your experiences with doing a JM DVD every day?

I was also wondering: what about trying out an alternative challenge, like a JM DVD every OTHER day, alternating with a long walk on HIT free days, and looking at the results after a month or two? Would anybody be up for that?

All best, Georgiana

Replies

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I did her 30day shred nearly every day and I notice I lost a lot of body fat and gained muscle tone. It actually looked like I lost more weight than I actually did.

I do hitt training at the gym but I haven't done it enough to notice a difference since I don't go all that often. I usually mix up the work out dvds I have.