New Years Resolutions?

Options
Do you make them and if you do, whay are they this year?

I usually make them and then, like most of us, don't get it done!

So, here goes:

I'd like to run 1200 miles this year! I think I can pull it off. That's 100 per month....25 per week, with 4 weeks worth of mess ups and days off! I think I'll add a tcker to count them, starting January first!

I'd like to read the Bible...cover to cover! I've been trying for this one for about 7 years...hopefully this is the year!

I would also like to be more organized and disclipined in other areas of my life. I have a hard time keeping a schedule with school with my children, we all do better when we have a pretty strict schedule and follow it for things like school, chores, bedtimes and routines in general. Also, my house needs some organizing!

I am sure that my list looks similar to everyone elses.....What are yours?

Replies

• MissingPixies
    MissingPixies Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I would like to stick with an exercise routine, maybe workout twice a day for seven days a week.
    Start walking/jogging/running more (don't have a set goal yet on how many miles I would like to do)
    Read the Bible within a year (been trying for years to do this)
  • Evelyn2050
    Evelyn2050 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    @ mommynmotion - :) I love you're new year's resolutions. You know reading doesn't have to be in the old fashioned way where you sit and hold a book. if you're going to run all those miles next year, download a copy of the Bible to your ipod and listen to it while you're out on your run. I'm sure you'll have more than enough time to listen to the whole thing in the year. :) Blessings.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Awesome idea from Evelyn about "listening" to the Bible!

I know one resolution is to strength train twice per week through May. One upper body and one lower body strength training session per week.

Still working on non-fitness resolutions...
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I love your resolutions
    Last yr mine was to read through the bible in a yr, I did it using one of my older daughters one yr bibles it makes it easier because of the way it is broke down into daily reads. looks like i will make it because i am on read for dec 30 tomorrow YEAH

this yr I want to
    1. reach my weight goal only 8 more lbs to reach my original goal of 100 lbs.
    2. be more organized
    3. try freezing more meals and leftovers , so we dont eat out so much
    4. Do more strength training 2-3 xs a week consistantly
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I decided one of my New Years Resolutions is to not accumulate so much JUNK. I'm going to begin immediately putting trinket toys or other "junk" gifts into a box for garage sales & putting things away immediately after I get home instead of putting them in the "pile" that piles up until I have time to tackle the whole thing.

Any other New Years Resolutions? What do you guys do to keep yourselves on track to keep your resolutions?
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Mine are the same as all of yours except running part, I can't.

I also would add, try to be less harsh to my children, I tend to snap at them without realizing that my words can be more hurtful than intended.
  • Evelyn2050
    Evelyn2050 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    @bstamps - I created a blog and then I can go back through out the year and review them and even edit them.
  • mallred76
    mallred76 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have decided not to make new year's resolutions, but rather set quarterly goals. So I'm just going to focus on Jan-March.

I also want to read the bible cover to cover. I found a 90 day schedule so that's my plan.

Read 3 books: Radical, Becoming the Woman of His Dreams and Shepharding a Child's Heart

Be consistant with our homeschooling and only take off one week

No sweets

No wine until our anniversary which is 3/1

Register for a Tough Mudder

Lose my last 4 pounds

Lastly I joined 52 Week Organized Home Challenge. I'll be working on one area a week to organized my home.
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I'd like to run 1/2 marathon this year, stick to my new life style of eating healthy and exercising. I just mostly need to get my life organized somehow so that I can do everything and be super mom!!
  • Justine13
    Justine13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My new years resolution is to keep myself organized and plan ahead.
    Making small goals along the way.
    I want to run a half marathon this year. i have always done 10-12km runs but i dont want to try a half marathon until i know i will do it in a good time. i dont like to just finish a race, i want to do it well.
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    My new years resolution is to keep myself organized and plan ahead.
    Making small goals along the way.
    I want to run a half marathon this year. i have always done 10-12km runs but i dont want to try a half marathon until i know i will do it in a good time. i dont like to just finish a race, i want to do it well.

Good goals!!
  • heatherdhart
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I wish you luck on your resolutions.
    1. My goals for the year are to push myself harder in my workouts and work out at least 5 days a week
    2. graduate college and become a teacher
    3. Inspire others to become healthy
    4. make my jewelry business successful and sponsor 7 people.
    5. spend at least three nights a week doing a fun activity with my kids.
    6. have a monthly date night with my husband.
    7. pay on some debts and eliminate some.
    8. to listen more and not talk so much :)
    9. cook wholesome meals for my family more often.
    10. Laugh at the little things in life!
    11. go to church more