My Plan

I wanted to post what I had planned in order to meet my mini goal by the end of the quarter. This is also a chance for me to get advice from the other group members, and any other members to post theirs and get advice as well. Also, if you need help, we can help you figure out what it is that you want to try to do to get close to your goal. Here it goes:

I decided a good time to start for my goal would be the first week of the quarter so I can get a regular schedule down and it won't interfere with my classes. In fact, walking to my classes every day is part of my goal! The first day of classes is January 3rd, so I will start off the 2nd in the gym.
On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, I will be in the gym doing the C25K program and maybe a little on the exercise bike. I'm going to try to procure a pair of 5lb hand weights and a Jillian Michaels DVD to work out with on Tuesday and Thursday because they are my busy days and I won't have enough time to hit the gym. I think I'm going to get that from Walmart this Thursday. I'm also going to try to get Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred to do on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Monday - Friday, I have about a half-mile walk to class, and another half-mile walk back home, so I'm going to be pretty active overall.
Other than that, I'm going to challenge myself to log EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth, including logging all the water I drink. I'm not going to tell myself that I don't have to log something. I'm going to try to carry a bottle of water everywhere I go, and I'm going to work my way up to 8 cups a day (this will start immediately).
I haven't lost any weight since September, and I only have to lost about 10-15 pounds to get into the jeans that are my mini goal. I have 9 pounds until Onederland, and I have 28 pounds 'till I'm back to my "pre-depression" weight. I'm not going to try to lose all 28 pounds in this short amount of time, but I think getting to Onederland, and getting into that pair of jeans is a good enough goal for this quarter.
Time period: January 2 - March 16
Any suggestions on things I can tweak to get my goal or if you think it's a reasonable goal?
What are you going to do to get to your goal?

Replies

• Lady_Senie
    Lady_Senie Posts: 100 Member
    How's it been working for you, hon? It's been a week; thought I'd check in on you and see how you've been making out with your quarter
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Aww!! Thanks for asking!! It's been going pretty well, usually meeting my water goal (although, still just as bad at logging it) and I have walked 15,000 steps on average every day.