Introduce Yourself!

Options
:flowerforyou: Hello everyone! I am glad to have you aboard this journey to feeling beautiful and sexy in your own skin! You can introduce yourself in this thread. Feel free to express anything and everything you want! There is no censorship here.

I hope you enjoy, and I hope that 2012 can bring us all the hopes and dreams that we have long waited for.

:heart:

Replies

• PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I guess I will be going first in introducing myself if that makes everyone else comfortable.

To sum up my entire life: I suffer from depression because of constant teasing from when I was a child, I've never felt beautiful, I often find myself comparing myself to other people, and that is the number one reason my relationships fail, aside from the fact that I have really huge trust issues, but that is beside the point. The reason why I started this challenge/group is because I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and smile, and actually be HAPPY about what I see instead of picking out flaws and making myself feel worthless.

My goal weight is anywhere from 128-130 lbs. I hope to achieve this by June 2012, but even after that I will be experimenting with my looks (not cosmetic surgery-wise) AND emotionally to make myself feel good.

:smile:
  • Ad_874
    Ad_874 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey :) My name is Adrienne and I was teased as a child too for my weight and my mole. There was a period of time(about 8 months) that I did feel beautiful. Every day I looked into the mirror and truly loved what I saw. I gained weight and it changed. My weight has fluctuated my whole adult life. I am so ready to look in the mirror and feel the way I once felt. Glad to be a part of the group.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    My name is Gale. I was a thin kid, until 10 years old. Then the hormones started and that really screwed me up. I kept going up and up and up. Being a heavy preteen with a name that rhymes with whale is no fun. I got picked on by kids, my parents and grandmother would constantly remind me of how "pretty you would be if you just lost some weight". I got up to 342 at one point. I have never looked in the mirror and been happy with what looked back at me. I avoid them at all costs now. I do makeup with the smallest mirror I can find. I have not bought clothes in years, because I dont want to break down crying in public. I will usually just cry in the shower at night so that nobody else in the house knows. I dont want to be like this, I dont want my little girl to see me like this. I want to be "normal sized" and feel like I am at least decent to look at.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    Options
    Welcome both Gale and Adrienne. I am happy to have you both in this group. Together, we will achieve confidence and we will never have to look in the mirror and hate what we see ever again! I promise you!
  • AshleyAmmerman
    Options
    My name is Ashley. I have gained 80 pounds over the course of about 2 years due to a severe car accident. After two years of seeing my true self die i am determined to bring myself back to life. I wish I could melt the fat away fast but i know that is not the right way. My goal is to loose simply 4 pounds a month. If I loose more then AWESOME but I do not want to accept any less.

I do the biggest looser workouts, go for walks and do the Insanity workouts from time to time.

I miss who I use to see when I looked in the mirror. Tired of looking in the mirror and seeing a stranger. Though I know loosing weight to be healthy should be my first concern but it isn't. I want to look and feel good. With that, I know that good health will follow. I want to beat the diabetes that corrupts my entire family. My husband and I also want to try to get pregnant. Getting pregnant for me will be very hard (due to medical reasons) so by loosing all this weight I am hoping that it will increase my chances.

My biggest battle is not the exercise, it is the food. I can eat small portions but I have a hard time resisting the sweets and late night snacking. So far I have been doing better with the sweets but the late night snacking is still an issue.

Here's to hoping 2012 is our year!
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    Options
    You can do it Ashley! I believe in you!
  • monycamoore
    monycamoore Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Monyca, and i struggle wit feeling beautiful and being confident and my weight has aloooot to do with that. I have lost 40+lbs on my own the good old fashion way but that seems to be not good enogh for me. I have always been heavier, but it got worse when I moved out on my own with my now ex-husband, then baby #1 then #2, which were both C-sections. I am very good at hiding my insecurities but wish i didnt feel this way. Im hoping one day i can look at myself in the mirror and not be my worst critic all the time!!!
  • finallyalive
    finallyalive Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! So grateful to be joining this group. I've been (not big) huge practically all my life. I was born thin, and slowly up from there. I just need people to this with because it is way too demotivating when you're alone and everyone just stares. I hate how I look, I hate how I dress, and all I want is for everything to change. I know it won't happen overnight, but I just want to see it. One day, maybe I can actually look at myself and say "Hey! I like how I look!" But as for now... I need motivated friends to rub off on me. Lol jk. But I want to have the motivation to take care of my body. I just can't delay anymore..
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    Options
    Welcome Monyca and FinallyAlive. You both are in the right place! Together we can work towards our goals and to making ourselves feel better :)
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Clare and I'm a 29yr old mum of 3! Ive been overweight/obese my whole life and been picked on for that, my ugly face, my sunken eyes, that I look like a man ect.

I just feel like no matter how thin I get I will still be a ugly man faced woman and I want that to change :(
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    Options
    Clare, welcome! I'm so sorry that people are so cruel. I've been through what you've been through. It's no fun in the park. We'll get through it :)
  • STLGUY
    Options
    Count me in! Some would say I'm already pretty confident but my area of least confidence is my weight!

Looks like I'm one of the first guys here but, hopefully that is OK.

I just did a pretty lengthy introduction of myself here - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/429126-hello

Excited for the additional support this forum and specifically this group will bring in 2012!

:happy:
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    Options
    Scott welcome! And congrats on being our first guy! YAY!
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    Options
    Scott welcome! And congrats on being our first guy! YAY!
  • galvodka
    galvodka Posts: 102
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lauren. I've always been overweight and have never seen myself as attractive. Even when people tell me that I'm attractive I don't believe it...I just don't see it. All I see when I look in the mirror is a fat person. Unfortunately this has had a very negative effect on all of the romantic relationships I've had in my life....and I'm getting older and would like to gain the confidence this year to be able to have a meaningful long term relationship!
  • finallyalive
    finallyalive Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lauren. I've always been overweight and have never seen myself as attractive. Even when people tell me that I'm attractive I don't believe it...I just don't see it. All I see when I look in the mirror is a fat person. Unfortunately this has had a very negative effect on all of the romantic relationships I've had in my life....and I'm getting older and would like to gain the confidence this year to be able to have a meaningful long term relationship!

I'm with you on this, Lauren! Let's all support each other here! :) Great start!
  • Gshepmix83
    Gshepmix83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tina!

I want 2012 to be MY year in weight lose. I have struggled for years on end to lose weight. Even when I lose weight I end up gaining it all back or more. I am tired of seeing a fat, unhealthy girl in the fitting room trying on clothes and just examining herself in the mirror and wonder why. Why do I look so disgusting? Why did I let myself go? Why--why--why?

Well not anymore. I want to lose weight to feel better, healthy, and not self-conscience anymore.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    Options
    Welcome Lauren and Trina! Great to have you both here!
  • Gshepmix83
    Gshepmix83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lauren and Trina! Great to have you both here!

It's Tina! :laugh:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm Liselyn --

I have looked at a lot of groups, and this one feels on track and honest. Thanks, Giselle, for starting it up!

I am almost 58, have always found it hard to let people close because I don't like my body. I look forward to (finally...) feeling good about how strong and compact I could be, and have a big hiking trip as a goal for next summer. At only 5'1" it is a drag being "5X5" and feeling rather bear-like. I hope we all join together to help each and every one to find a better comfort with ourselves.

2012 here we come!