Strength Training

Options
I'm wondering if I should incorporate some strength training (even just a little bit) into my schedule on top of Insanity. I just had a baby and had more or less stopped strength training during my pregnancy (though I kept doing cardio throughout). So I'm feeling really weak and want to build my strength back up. Do you think I will build enough muscle by just doing Insanity? Any opinions are welcome. Especially from those of you who have already done a round or two of Insanity.

Replies

• season1980
    season1980 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am currently on a heavy lifting routine and plan to keep doing it, I will just be sure to eat at maintenance on the days I lift and do insanity! Weight training esp heavy weight training can help maintain muscle mass even when eating at a moderate deficit, I believe that weight training should be a habit like brushing your teeth.....you just do it! Now if you havent lifted for a while and you have not done insanity, you may want to wait till after the first round of insanity is over, it is likely that you will develop some strength from the bodywt exercises in the program, and you will be sore, which would hinder wt training and visa versa! Good luck to you!
  • rn134good
    Options
    no don't worry about it. You will see later why I say that. :) Insanity is a strength training workout as well as cardio. That is part of why it works so well. It does both at the same time. I mean if you are really really into working out and are strong enough to without causing harm to yourself then sure but the workouts in Insanity are muscle building and by the end you will see it. :)