Biggest Loser - 1st Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited!! Here we go BIKINI BOTTOM BABES!!!
  • cmcravens
    cmcravens Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    There was some questions can you please let us know??? How do you log the blurpees and I have never done them befor, but so much up to the challenge even if its for the 1 lb advantage. I know I'm in for it. With my teams chellenge plus the biggest loser challenges I know I should see results. Good luck every one and hope the best.
    Christina
  • carriedavis77
    carriedavis77 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Do we start doing them now or on the 1st? Another question... how do you log burpees?

*taken from moderator post: "Our first challenge runs from January 1st – January 13th" so I'd say the 1st :)

*I tend to log them in my exercise diary as "Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort" and then say how long you did it for... I'm thinking it would be a good idea to have a post going in our own group for this as well... and we can log there how many we do :) Keep other group members focused etc!! :)

SO EXCITED!!! Love the motivation here!! HOORAH!
  • fireballaaa
    fireballaaa Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    what is the email we send you are information? :smile:
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, I am up for the challenge, but I can safely say you will not be getting an email saying I did 5,000 Burpees! LMAO Super excited to get going! YAY!!!!! GO TEAL TERMINATORS!!!! wOOt!!!! :drinker:
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Even though I don't have a clue what my FitForLife challenge is, I'm mighty pleased there don't seem to be planks/side planks involved (yet). That'll save my energy for the burpees! :wink:
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    BURPEES! ugh!! Probably my least favorite exercise BUT they are effective. They are tough, that's for sure.

One time, during a Crossfit workout, I did 189 burpees in 28 minutes (it was our coaches birthday workout. KILLER!)

I'm hoping everyone produces some big numbers. It IS possible!!!!!!
  • Biggest_Loser_2012
    Options
    You will report all weights and questions to your captains.
    As for trying to get immunity, such as this one with burpees, you will email me on here...
    Example (I am going to use Meg again to pick on her. If Megsommer does 345 burpees in two weeks, she would email me on here and her subject would say "345 Burpees completed"
    As for logging, you can log how ever. Some people have HRM, so they will use that, others may log as push-ups
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone!!!!!
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm so ready for this!! These challenges really keep me in line ~ love it!!
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    awsome so ready
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Burpees! Can't wait for this challenge. Go Bikini Bottom Babes!
  • CarolAnn0730
    Options
    I LOVE Burpees! Can't wait for this challenge. Go Bikini Bottom Babes!

I hope you say that trying to convince yourself.... I don't think LOVE and BURPEES belong in the same sentence!! LOL

I hate them with a passion -- but not more than I hate my fatness right now ... sooo BURPEES will be my frenemy for the next couple of weeks.

Go Blusers!!
  • uberrach
    uberrach Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    P.S. I added burpees to the exercise selections. (;

*I used information I found on livestrong.com (which pulled the info from http://www.nutristrategy.com/).
  • lisalamb62
    Options
    This is new to me, too! I have a torn rotator cuff & am on steroids shots but I will do these with one arm :)
  • darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Awesome...can't wait to start!!!
  • bbgirl
    bbgirl Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is going to be a real challenge. I'm excited.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    WHOA, I have never attempted a burpee, however I am not one to not try my best! Last year I really worked on lifestyle change, being more active and eating right....this year I really want to push myself in my workouts and mix it up. I feel better than I have in YEARS and I want to be more active! Looking forward to the challenge (and trying out the new HRM!!!)

Good luck everyone!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    BURPEES :love: so fun with a jack..... interesting :)

I'm so ready for this!
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this challenge!!!
    Good Luck Everyone!!!