wedding disaster dreams

Options
so I had another wedding disaster dream the other night...

This time, it was about my dress...

I went to my first fitting, put on my dress, and realized, WAIT A MINUTE. THIS ISN'T WHAT I ORDERED!!!

The dress was this BIG ball gown, it was tinted baby blue, and had this HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE red velvety bow tied around my waist, and hung down to the floor (I am guessing being Christmas time, it was fitting).

The girl I ordered my dress from (Courtney) was not there, and nobody else knew what was going on, so it was a disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a different dream a few weeks ago regarding the DJ leaving early and I couldn't find him, the photographer took 1 photo of me the whole night, and it was a TERRIBLE photo, my fiance spent the night hanging with his buddies the entire time (which isn't like him) and all this other stuff...

Anyone else having weird dreams?????

Replies

• ClariRose
    ClariRose Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been having some weird dreams, but nothing related to the wedding. Sorry. I can imagine how disconcerting the dreams are.
  • Joanie823
    Options
    OMG, u are not the only one having these dreams, I thought I was just nuts until I saw your post! lol I had a dream my wedding (whish is supposed to start at 2pm) did not start until 9pm and people were all leaving before I even walked down the isle, like my dad, maid of honor, best friend... It was horrible!! I am just glad I am not the only one with nightmares about my wedding going wrong...:laugh:
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I also have been having dreams... once it was were the church (we're not even getting married in a church) had double booked the weddings and someone else was getting married at the same time I was

Another was where I was getting married outside and it started pouring so I went out there and my dress got all muddy and I ripped it and I'm walking down the aisle to with my dad saying "can I have a do over? This isn't the real wedding right?"

i have weird dreams in general. For example: Last night, I had a dream that I was going to visit my childhood friend in Chicago, when I got there I realized that she had become a homeless person (by choice) and she had been squatting in this old persons run down apartment when they weren't there. She then confiscated my luggage and I found myself walking 40 miles to get to the nearest bus station. When I finally got home I was getting something to eat and I told my fiance.. "I can have whatever I want to eat today, I just walked 40 miles. I wonder how many calories I burned" LOL
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    glad I'm not the only one having weird dreams :)
  • BassesGirl
    BassesGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I had a dream last night where my wedding somehow turned into a Jungle ride filled with animatronic monkeys...I'm really not sure what it meant but it didn't help when I woke up, told my fiance and his response was "a jungle ride? sweet!! that sounds awesome!"

O.o
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I also have been having dreams... once it was were the church (we're not even getting married in a church) had double booked the weddings and someone else was getting married at the same time I was

Another was where I was getting married outside and it started pouring so I went out there and my dress got all muddy and I ripped it and I'm walking down the aisle to with my dad saying "can I have a do over? This isn't the real wedding right?"

i have weird dreams in general. For example: Last night, I had a dream that I was going to visit my childhood friend in Chicago, when I got there I realized that she had become a homeless person (by choice) and she had been squatting in this old persons run down apartment when they weren't there. She then confiscated my luggage and I found myself walking 40 miles to get to the nearest bus station. When I finally got home I was getting something to eat and I told my fiance.. "I can have whatever I want to eat today, I just walked 40 miles. I wonder how many calories I burned" LOL

:laugh: HILARIOUS!
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    So I've been having MORE wedding dreams especially this week...

this past one.. all of the sudden, my wedding is tomorrow and I have no cake, no DJ, no florist, no nothing, so I'm mad scrambling to get SOMETHING put into place.. and the entire dream I think.. "but wait.. we didn't have a shower yet, we didn't even have a rehearsal dinner, I don't know where to stand!!"

THEN my dream morphed into having the rehearsal dinner. I started by reading all these reviews about this restaurant that said they have bad service and crappy food.. (not surprising, I have been reading reviews of several resorts to educate myself before booking our honeymoon) and all the sudden I'm eating at that place.. and EVERYTHING the bad reviews said was coming true.. halfway through our dinner they turned the lights out on us because they wanted us to go home! LOL

Dreams are so funny sometimes!
  • andrea_marie3
    andrea_marie3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been having some, too. The worst one was where I dreamt that on the day of our wedding there was a terrible blizzard (our wedding is in August). All of our guests started leaving, and they were all furious with me. I've also had other dreams where major venders didn't show (food, photographer, pastor, etc...). I'm really not a party planner, and I think that's where a lot of the anxiety dreams come from...this is a scary undertaking for me (not the marriage itself, but definitely the wedding)!
  • merrylea
    merrylea Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I keep having wedding anxiety dreams too... usually something goes wrong and I miss the wedding. My fiancee thinks I'm nuts!
  • Countrybride2b
    Countrybride2b Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hooray! I'm not the only ones freaking out about wedding disaster dreams! I've had sooooo many ranging from the photographer not showing up, to forgetting to get my hair and makeup done, not going to the right venue, to my dress being wrong! I'm always hopelessly sad in the dreams because I feel like "way to go! You just completed screwed up the happiest day of your life!" lol
    Maybe if I get all this craziness out in my dreams the actual day will go on without a hitch! Hehe
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I had a dream that I was about to walk down the aisle and I blacked out and when I came to I was with my fiance and we had gotten married and I didn't remember a thing. We were standing in a room and we realized that we didn't have a photographer but we stayed waiting for the photographer for an hour. When we came out to our reception there was no music or drinks and half of our guests had left.

Now that we have most of our vendors locked down the dreams have calmed down.
  • gorda1981
    Options
    it's so good to hear that i'm not the only bride having nightmares! I thought i was crazy!!
    it's wedding anxiety, right?
    On march 20th i'm getting my measurements taken, in order to start my wedding dress....it's like my deadline....
    any advice?
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I have been having the same nightmare at least twice a week! Every time I am running horribly late to the wedding so nothing gets done hair and makeup wise. Then when I finally get down the to the altar it's my ex-fiance there. There is more to it but it is so bad that I usually wake up crying.
  • Eireann15
    Eireann15 Posts: 124
    Options
    Omg I've had a ton of these dreams too! Everything that could possibly go wrong with the wedding, I've dreamt about it.... no matter how crazy!!