Workout Ideas

Options
azsister
azsister Posts: 9 Member
Okay. I know that for some, it's very difficult to come up with a workout routine. Sometimes we go to the gym and wander around looking at machines thinking, "What do I do next?" or "I wonder what that thing does," or "If I get on that and don't know what I'm doing, everyone will look and me and think I'm and idot." So I'd like to hear what some of you are doing as your routine. Do you workout at home? If so, what things do you use at home to get a good workout? Do you workout at the gym? What do you do there?

Personally, my routine consists of 3 weight training days- One heavy lifting legs, shoulders and back and one repeat of a light, higher rep day. And one arms, chest and abs day. I'm big into finishers. If you don't know what a finisher is, it's a short burst of high intensity cardio inbetween each couple of sets. For example: A superset of 15 reverse lunges with step, 15 froggy jumps repeated 3x's followed by 3 minutes of level 10 on the stair climber or 90 steps/min. Throw in a couple of those finishers in your weight lifting routine and it will kick your rear. This is VERY effective. If you don't believe me, try it! If you workout at home, try getting on your bike and pushing up to a very high resistence, or just jumping rope for 3 minutes. Even jumping jacks would work.

And then of course I would have some cardio thrown in there a couple of days. ;)

Replies

• receptionasi
    Options
    I dance with shimmybliss (member) and I hike the moutains with my other friend sun31shine. I can't afford gyms or trainers. I just hike and eat cuties when it gets really tough. they have some secret energy in them.:happy: