Anxiety and Exercise

savethecat
savethecat Posts: 290 Member
For some reason lately I seem to get the worst anxiety when I start to, or even think about, working out. It's been going on for almost two months now and it's really making my weight loss randomly difficult. I have no experiences that should trigger anxiety related to exercise. As in, I've never passed out or gotten sick or anything like that. But for some reason even the idea of my heart rate elevating or my head feeling pressure puts me straight into this "I'm going to die" state of mind and I spend more time trying to talk myself out of it than actually exercising.

It's getting very frustrating.

When I do push myself through and manage to get a short workout in I sit there in the aftermath convinced I am about to die. I'm fully aware these emotions are irrational but for some reason am seemingly powerless against them at the moment.

Has anyone had this experience or have any advice on how to get passed it? I want to start losing weight again!

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    I was just, going to post this. Recently I got major anxiety hit me, it has me convinced I'm going to have a heart attack. I have slight pain on my chest and arms, (I'm heavy lifting so that should be expected a bit. ) that gets me more worked up and then the anxiety chest pressure starts on top of lifting soreness. I've been to ER 4 times in the last month, after 5 ekgs, a ct scan, and a 24 hour heart rate monitor they tell me it's muscular or anxiety, they gave me ativan but it's not helping I'm still flipping out that I'm going to die of heart attack.