The First Challenge!!! 2012!!!! "The January Jean Challeng

Options
Ok Ladies... thanks alot to all of you that posted in the first thread "2012 Goals".
Well my purpose for this group is to provide fun, laid back, challenges just to keep everyone motivated & inspired to really DO THIS in 2012.

So here is the very first challenge for January 2012.

*******The January Jean Challenge********
Ok Divas.....I want you to go and digg out that pair of jeans that you have been holding on to for months or even years. Yes....that pair! Those too tight jeans that you keep holding on too & have been looking at all year!

Take those jeans and get a nail and hammer! (or thumb tack) Hang up the jeans somewhere in your bedroom (not the closet) somewhere where you can see them every single day.
Because these jeans will be on your bottom.... THIS YEAR DIVAS!!! YES...YOU CAN & WILL DO IT.

You cannot remove these jeans under no circumstance ...until you can fit your entire bottom into them and zip them up comfortably.
As u can see from my profile picture I have hung "those Jeans" up on my wall. Im such a neat freak....but they will not come down until I can get in them!

So Divas...I know that this challenge will be very challenging and we all have different goals, jeans sizes and time frames in which it will take. So because of that, this challenge will last until YOU can get into your jeans. Set your own time frame,

* Push yourself everysingle day!

* BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF

* DONT GIVE UP!

So Divas....this is it! In the meantime everyone stay motivated, log into the site everyday and log your meals, post in the blogs, join in some more teams on here, and most of all know that 2012 is our year...you can do it diva!

Replies

• mrshmiller9
    Options
    I love this! I've been meaning to do this so I'll be getting right on this! :-) I'm ready to rock my diva self in 2012!!!
  • mrshmiller9
    Options
    Ok so after much deliberation- a beautiful pair of new American Eagle size 10 jeans made the cut. This will change as I get into these pants because my closet is actually full of size 6&8 which will be hung up later so this is a progressive challenge for me :-)
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I will have to find my size 12 jeans, but I am also going to put up another pair of jeans. They are a 16 and will be my first "mini jean goal" toward the 12s. I plan to by smaller jeans when I get into the 12s! :D
  • phresh21
    phresh21 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of American Eagle jeans pinned up. They are a size 14 that I bought last year and well needless to say was only able to wear them about a month :( Heres to my new jeans :)
  • jomom2
    jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    This is a great challenge! I have a pair of brand new jeans I bought 3 years ago, that fit the day I tried them on. (they still have tags on them).I never got to wear them :ohwell: I started to gain weight after that. They are size 16. Perfect goal jeans!!! I will hang them up tomorrow, I have to find a good spot for them. Happy New Years Divas!!!
  • jomom2
    jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    This is a great challenge! I have a pair of brand new jeans I bought 3 years ago, that fit the day I tried them on. (they still have tags on them).I never got to wear them :ohwell: I started to gain weight after that. They are size 16. Perfect goal jeans!!! I will hang them up tomorrow, I have to find a good spot for them. Happy New Years Divas!!!
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    I actually just bought a pair of size 16 jeans. I am presently wearing a size 20. I think I have a pair of 18s in a closet somewhere. If I can find them, those are the ones I will use otherwise the 16s and i don't know how long it will take to get into them.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    My size 12's are hanging on a hanger hooked on a picture on my side of the bed so I see them every morning when I get up!
  • FitbyFaith
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

MY JEANS ARE UP.....STAY MOTIVATED LADIES !
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Well, I have 2 pair hanging. 1 pair is a "mini" goal of 16. I am in an 18 now. I also have my size 10 hanging. I have worn them 1 time and they were a little snug, but wearable. Once I get in the 16s I will replace them with 14s. Let's do this, ladies!!!
  • DawnMichelle68
    DawnMichelle68 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm haning mine up today...
  • RAS10710
    RAS10710 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Instead of jeans I'm going to hang up a pretty dress I would love to be able to fit back into. I've also got a pair of board shorts that are a gorgeous pinky-peachy colour that I would just love to be able to pull up past my thighs, over my bum, and the little velcro closer not pop open!!! Pretty sure that hubby is probably the only one who doesn't care about board shorts that pop open :wink:

Is this okay instead of jeans?? I would personally find it more motivating than jeans :smile:
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I have a perfect pair of jeans!!! I will take them out of my closet today!!! They are size 44 (in Italy). I think that is like a size 8.
  • FitbyFaith
    Options
    Instead of jeans I'm going to hang up a pretty dress I would love to be able to fit back into. I've also got a pair of board shorts that are a gorgeous pinky-peachy colour that I would just love to be able to pull up past my thighs, over my bum, and the little velcro closer not pop open!!! Pretty sure that hubby is probably the only one who doesn't care about board shorts that pop open :wink:

Is this okay instead of jeans?? I would personally find it more motivating than jeans :smile:

That ok too anything you want to get into....good luck ladies!
  • DayZee815
    DayZee815 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm late on the game...but yes! Tonight I shall be putting up a lovely pair of James Jeans that I believe once converted from European sizes etcetra and so forth is about a 14. I can squeeze almost everything in, but no butt and not buttoning :( BUT....they shall stay nailed to the wall until I can get into them! This is a great challenge!
  • maflanc
    Options
    I don't hold onto clothes that don't fit so I'm going to hang up a picture of myself at my goal weight. I haven't been there since college! I posted it on my profile. That's me at 180! Can you believe my family told me I was fat and needed to lose weight? I think I was kinda hot - well except for my 80's hair-do. What was I thinking?
  • DayZee815
    DayZee815 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did a double solid. Not only are there a pair of jeans on my bedroom wall, there are a pair on my pantry door in the kitchen. I'm considering hanging up a pair at work too or maybe just printing a goal weight picture and putting it up...I clearly hold on to a lot of clothes i don't fit if i have 3 pairs of jeans to spare (and that doesn't even count my skinny storage bin)....
  • Klein1475
    Klein1475 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I wasn't too sure if I still had any jeans or not that I use to wear in my closet... I have been so big for so long I got rid of them... I do have 1 pair of 20's and I just hung them up... I am thrilled b/c I almost got them up so still have more to lose around the mid section and hips... 2 months ago I know I would not have gotten them over my thighs...
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    I started in a size 18W.
    I am currently in a size 16.
    I am going to hang up a size 14 pair of brand new jeans.
    They will be on my closet door so I see them every day.
    This is a fun idea -
    Thanks for making this available to us all.
    I am raising my water bottle to all of us for 2012

Keep pushing forward.
  • FitbyFaith
    Options
    I don't hold onto clothes that don't fit so I'm going to hang up a picture of myself at my goal weight. I haven't been there since college!

Thats a great idea as well! Whatever you can look at everyday! Go for it!....Good Luck, you can do it!