Level 3 - Anyone there yet?

Options
MJ7910
MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
I will hopefully be starting this level on Jan 4th. Just wondered if anyone has done it yet?

Replies

• MJ7910
    Options
    well i haven't heard anything from you all, so i guess no one has started level 3 yet? I will be starting it tonight!! hope it's not too bad. level 2 was hard to get used to but i eventually did. so here's hoping i feel that way a few days into level 3.
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Can you compare lvl 1 and 2? I'm really feeling it in my legs I mean it been about 10 days on lvl one and it the length about the same? Can wait to hear about lvl 3 :bigsmile:

oh any inch lost is great....funny my weight has been barely budging but those inches have been moving...... I'll take it anyway I can get it!!!!:laugh:
  • MJ7910
    Options
    Can you compare lvl 1 and 2? I'm really feeling it in my legs I mean it been about 10 days on lvl one and it the length about the same? Can wait to hear about lvl 3 :bigsmile:

oh any inch lost is great....funny my weight has been barely budging but those inches have been moving...... I'll take it anyway I can get it!!!!:laugh:

sure thing... level 2 feels way more intense. i had some difficulties the first few days. there are a lot more weight bearing activities. you need to have a chair handy for a few of the exercises. i did not like the exercise called kneeling pop ups, that is what i think insured my knee. if it gives you problems, you're better off substituting simple lunges or something else. i had to take 2 days off to recover once i had a problem with those. i personally tried to use weights as much as possible. exercises are things like fast squats, burpee to superman, surrenders (sound awful but found them to be not that bad), statue of liberty (this one was hard for me, it's a one legged squat and then you have to jump if you do advanced), a lot of pelvic tilt on the floor stuff that i didn't mind at all, pretty easy really... the last circuit really surprised me because she threw a bunch of random cardio in there. also the dancing crab is kind of hard to do... wasn't that bad for me at the end. there are jumping lunges (can do scissor lunges if you're really ambitious, i did not do that)... just really more soreness in the legs than level 1 was. i found the warm up a little more intense on level 2 as well.

length is about the same approximately 42 minutes from beginning to end on level 2. i've heard level 3 is slightly longer. but i think some of that is due to extended cool down with her little pep talk which i plan on just skipping anyway. i do the cool down i just don't need to hear the extra stuff. :)
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    So, today was my 2nd day of level 3, and I found it easier than level 2.. mmm weird. Maybe it's because there are less exercises using weights. I took a quick look at the video before doing it, and there're a few com.plicated exercises, the only movement I cannot do is somekind of rock star jump, (I live in an apartment on 5th floor, I don't want my neighbours to hate me lol).
    I can say this is my favorite level of the dvd
  • MJ7910
    Options
    just did level 3. i have to say it wasn't as bad as i thought. i think it was about the same difficulty level as level 2. she makes it seem like it's going to be worse the entire time you're doing the warmup. but the warmup is much easier than level 2. the actual exercises are about the same as level 2 and i found some of them easier. so i have no idea what she means about how it's sooooo difficult, etc... sure it was tough. but no harder than level 2 and i made it through that.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    i have done level 3 for 3 days and i must say it is way easier than level 2 now that i'm into it... so anyone who is nervous about it, my feeling is that if you can do level 2, level 3 is no problem.
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i have done level 3 for 3 days and i must say it is way easier than level 2 now that i'm into it... so anyone who is nervous about it, my feeling is that if you can do level 2, level 3 is no problem.
    Agreed
  • MJ7910
    Options
    well today is day 6 of level 3 and i have to tell you i am really loving it. i will be sad when it ends actually!