30 Day Shred

Options
sunnydays33
sunnydays33 Posts: 181 Member
Here you go shredders! This is one amazing workout, for sure!! It's 27 min including the warm up and cool down...you can get the DVD for around $10 almost anywhere: Target, Amazon, etc. It will differ for everyone, but I burn about 200-285 calories per workout..I have the Reebok HRM. I am just finishing up Level 3 and I can see the difference in my shoulders and for gods sake: are those collar bones?!

If you are just starting out, you are going to see some killer results if you push yourself. I'll post my results in the next few days when I complete the full 30 days.

Replies

• CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    This intimidates me the most....but I'm going to give it my all!!!
  • chicatita
    chicatita Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Today was day 10 for me! I'm not sure if i'm ready to move on to Level 2. I still struggle doing the complete cardio circuit at the end (jacks, jump rope, boxing, and butt kicks). Don't get me started on the bicycle crunches! Am I working myself too hard on Level 1? I was thinking i'd do Level 1 for 15 days, Level 2 for 15 days. Should I move on to Level 2 tomorrow or stick with the 15/15 plan? Btw I've lost 5 inches in my waist and 2 inches in my thighs! :-)
  • sunnydays33
    Options
    Hey chica! I say keep pushing yourself!! I moved to the next level every 10 days to avoid any boredom that may settle in and cause de-railment. ;o) However, even after 8-9 days on each level I am still modifying some things. Which I think is totally ok. I started adding Level 1 back in after I do Level 3 this week and I can tell such a difference. I am rocking those push ups!

This will def be one of those DVD's that I come back to again, because my fitness level is measurable and I like that!
  • chicatita
    Options
    Hey SunnyDays! I pushed on to level 2 today and.......WHEW! OMW! lol. I was cursing and praising Jillian at the same time! lol. It wasn't so bad. Like you, I did some modifications and when I felt like I was doing the exercise right I just rewinded it to practice the move. I may do again tonight because I have a better idea and more confidence of what i'm doing! She definitely BOUGHT IT in level 2!
  • Renee2GetFit
    Renee2GetFit Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Geez, I'm scared. I'm on day 5 of lv 1 and becoming quite intimidated to move to lv 2. BUT... I shall do this and conquer it! Good luck ladies.
  • CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    OMG Day 1 ~ I nearly didn't survive. My legs/hips are still are little stiff from the C25K and my arms and shoulders are so WEAK (tendonitis in wrists doesn't help) but I DID survive and will be back at it tomorrow!!!
  • chicatita
    Options
    Geez, I'm scared. I'm on day 5 of lv 1 and becoming quite intimidated to move to lv 2. BUT... I shall do this and conquer it! Good luck ladies.

We got this CRSE1214 and we are totally conquerors! :-)

Day 12, Level 2!!! Planks, planks, and more planks! Aight Jillian...you didn't kill me! LOL!
  • nationalparklover
    nationalparklover Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    OMG Day 1 ~ I nearly didn't survive. My legs/hips are still are little stiff from the C25K and my arms and shoulders are so WEAK (tendonitis in wrists doesn't help) but I DID survive and will be back at it tomorrow!!!

My wrists are sort of weak (probably b/c it is hard on them when I am so overweight though) and one tip for the push up portion of 30DS....I grasp the handweights when I do the pushups (girl version) and that really helps. With true tendonitis though, I'm not sure if it will but if it is just hard on your wrists, try doing them while holding the handweights on the ground and it may help you. Good luck.
  • sunnydays33
    Options
    My wrists are sort of weak (probably b/c it is hard on them when I am so overweight though) and one tip for the push up portion of 30DS....I grasp the handweights when I do the pushups (girl version) and that really helps. With true tendonitis though, I'm not sure if it will but if it is just hard on your wrists, try doing them while holding the handweights on the ground and it may help you. Good luck.
    [/quote]

This is a great tip!!
  • chicatita
    Options

Yay! You made it! Keep on pressing girlie! We can do it together. Day 3, Level 2 Signing Out, Chicatita!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgNrjyteMtY-dG9xek5ka3I5VUxwYllGXzhDZmxDQ0E&hl=en_US#gid=0
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Love me some Jillian! I'm currently following the Power 90 workout program (day 53), but after 90 days, I'll probably construct a Jillian workout routine with Shred and a few of her other workouts. They are awesome!
  • balibee146
    balibee146 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Love the shred but lent my dvd to a work colleague errr ages ago. Her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism one is great too.
  • sunnydays33
    Options
    Alright ladies...as promised here are my results from the Dec 30DS challenge:

weight: down 5.8 lbs
    bust: down 1"
    waist: down 1.5"
    hips: down 1"
    arms: down .5"
    thigh: down .25"

Of course I was hoping for some staggering numbers, but I'm working on being excited for all that I've accomplished over this last year. The big picture: I have lost over 148" and almost 90 pounds. From a size 20 (tight) to a comfy size 10...8's here I come. I def can tell the difference in my shoulders, neck, collarbone and cheeks. (haha, my mirror only shows me this much in my living room where I work out) With that being said, I'm thrilled with this loss and even more motivated to stay the course. I can't imagine what another 30 days or even 90 days will bring.

Shred on friends!! ;o)
  • chicatita
    Options
    Alright ladies...as promised here are my results from the Dec 30DS challenge:

weight: down 5.8 lbs
    bust: down 1"
    waist: down 1.5"
    hips: down 1"
    arms: down .5"
    thigh: down .25"

Of course I was hoping for some staggering numbers, but I'm working on being excited for all that I've accomplished over this last year. The big picture: I have lost over 148" and almost 90 pounds. From a size 20 (tight) to a comfy size 10...8's here I come. I def can tell the difference in my shoulders, neck, collarbone and cheeks. (haha, my mirror only shows me this much in my living room where I work out) With that being said, I'm thrilled with this loss and even more motivated to stay the course. I can't imagine what another 30 days or even 90 days will bring.

Shred on friends!! ;o)

That's awesome SD! Is/was this your first or second round of 30 DS?
  • sunnydays33
    Options
    Hey Chica...my 1st round. I think it would be better to compare 60-90 days when you are strength training though, so I'm gonna stick with it and keep going. I just bought Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism (or something like that) so I'm gonna give that a go. ;o)
  • chicatita
    Options
    I was thinking about picking up that one too! Just started Turbo Jam today so i'll try not to spread myself too thin (not a bad idea though @ thin! lol).
  • Renee2GetFit
    Renee2GetFit Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I just started level 2 of 30 Day Shred today. I lost 4 inches on level 1. Here are my before & after pic's. I can tell a difference in my back mostly. Good luck to all!

30DayShred_Level1_Day1and10comparison.jpg

Sorry my pics are cutting off but you can see most of them.
  • Coramae09
    Coramae09 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Started 30ds on the 10th I love it and hate it all at the same time :-) lol my quads hurt the worst right now! Had my hubby take some pics when I started...ugh hate seeing them but I can't wait to see the change!! Bring it on Jillian! Best 10 bucks I've spent on myself lately!
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I've just done it once with a coworker but I didn't think level 1 was too bad. I might buy it so I can do the whole 30.

I used 8 lb handweights; what do you all normally use?

Sunny those are great results!