Monthly Goals For January

Options
If anyone wants to set up smaller monthly goals for January let's post them here!

I'm going to aim to lose 6 lbs. this month. That should put me at 197 at the end of the month. ONEderland and a monthly goal in one!
I also really need to keep my eating in check. If there's food...I'm gonna eat it. I need to have will power and remember how crappy I feel after binging. It would be different if it was one treat here and there...but it's a whole day or weekend of gorging. Then I get to spend the whole week trying to lose all the weight I gained. If I can make it through one weekend where I can keep my eating at bay I think it would be a big boost to me self esteem! :)

Replies

• jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I just postd on my wall about this..I never make "weight goals" cause I never seem to make them but I'm ready to try again...just dont know where to start...when I'm so far away from a big goal ONDERLAND its hard to make the others as important!

JRRCLR.....I know you can do it girl ! are the weekend the worst?
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    Oh weekends are most definitely the worst. I have a routine for the week and it's a lot easier to stick to, but the weekends bring about parties, grocery store temptations, Mother-in law's cooking...hehe...
    I need to learn that there will always be these temptations, and how I choose to handle the individual moment is will be what makes me get my battles with food under control!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Yeah I agree when there is no routine thats when things get crazy! Since being a stay at home mom its been really hard to get into a routine and maybe why its been harder for me to lose weight!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Okay my January goal is to be 249 ...not sure how many lbs that will be as of this morning it will be 6lbs! Does that sound good or should I do more?
  • JRRCLR
    Options
    Okay my January goal is to be 249 ...not sure how many lbs that will be as of this morning it will be 6lbs! Does that sound good or should I do more?

I say it's a good start. Just try your hardest and see what the scale says. It might be more! Then you have a base line for the months to come!
  • jennysmission
    Options

I say it's a good start. Just try your hardest and see what the scale says. It might be more! Then you have a base line for the months to come!

Okay ! I'm going with 249..and Ill let you know what that total lbs are tomorrow!
  • Mardill
    Mardill Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My January, 2012 goals are:
    #1. Lose 6 lbs.
    #2. Increase exercise - walk, dance, etc. Something extra each week, so by end of January can walk for 20 minutes at a time.
    #3. Log in food journal every day.
    #4. Sort through all my clothes & get rid of things that are too big, I don't wear or don't love! :noway:
    #5. Drink 6 - 8 glasses of wine (whoops:laugh: ), I mean water, every day.

I wish you all success with your goals...Marg
  • jennysmission
    Options
    My January, 2012 goals are:
    #1. Lose 6 lbs.
    #2. Increase exercise - walk, dance, etc. Something extra each week, so by end of January can walk for 20 minutes at a time.
    #3. Log in food journal every day.
    #4. Sort through all my clothes & get rid of things that are too big, I don't wear or don't love! :noway:
    #5. Drink 6 - 8 glasses of wine (whoops:laugh: ), I mean water, every day.

I wish you all success with your goals...Marg

Marg..those sound like fantastic goals!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Okay my goal for Jan is 8.4 lbs so I'll be 249!
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    My January goal is 10 pounds. I am only aiming that high because I started phase 1 of South Beach today and you can lose up to 14 pounds during this phase. Of course, I would LOVE to lose 14 or more pounds, but I am going to aim a little on the low side so I don't get discouraged!!
  • JRRCLR
    Options
    I almost think the number for me isn't as important as getting my eating in check. I already blew it at lunch here at my in laws because it was going to be higher than I expected so I said "screw it" and had more than I was planning. I need to get over this "all or nothing" feeling towards food...:grumble:
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My goal for January is to get out of the 190's! 189 by Feb 1st...surely I can lost 3lbs in a month, right?! It seems like my weight loss is being so slow, but it's steady at least, so I'll take it!

Also I very recently started walking/jogging on the treadmill. Never in my life have I jogged at all so this is very new to me but I'm loving it! Hopefully that will help kickstart a little bit more weight loss!
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I almost think the number for me isn't as important as getting my eating in check. I already blew it at lunch here at my in laws because it was going to be higher than I expected so I said "screw it" and had more than I was planning. I need to get over this "all or nothing" feeling towards food...:grumble:

I totally get what you are saying!1 I am an all or nothing person, too. It is a really tough thing to change, isn't it??

Kristin, you know you will get there!! You are doing so good :)<3 ya!!
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    My goal for Jan is just to lose and get below 215. I got there and haven't since. Though I am losing inches.
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Great goals, everyone! For my January goal I would really, really, REALLY like to see onederland! I'm getting married in just 3 1/2 months (I can't believe it!) so I really need to step it up!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Great goals, everyone! For my January goal I would really, really, REALLY like to see onederland! I'm getting married in just 3 1/2 months (I can't believe it!) so I really need to step it up!

**LIKE***
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    My January goal is not a weight goal - it's just to get my act together and get back in the swing of getting up early to fit my exercise in first thing. Otherwise, it doesn't get done. I was so regular about doing this, and the past month I have absolutely been horrible about it! Probably why I am up in pounds!!! Happy 2012 all!