Pedometers

Options
Crossone
Crossone Posts: 13 Member
If you're going to accurately track your milage, you must have the right tool. That's where a good pedometer comes in.

My wife & I both use the Omron HJ-112. This tool does it quietly, accurately & reliably. Strap it to the waist band of your shorts, a belt, or slip it into a bag or pocket. It is one of the best on the market. It tracks steps, aerobic steps, distance travelled & caloires burned. It resets at midnight, so you start at zero the following day.

The local Walgreen's carries it for about $25.

And what pedometer do you use?

Can you recommend one for Group members?

Replies

• traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I use the one on my iPod. It seems very accurate when you compare the distances on a map. I like using this as it is small, and as I listen to my music when I walk, it is one less thing to carry around.

The downside to using the iPod is sometimes it doesnt register your walk, usually if there is something else in your pocket... but for 90+ % of the time it works wonderfully.
  • Crossone
    Options
    Hi, Tracey!

My wife has tried the iPod pedo, but loves her HJ-112.

Good luck on your journey. God speed!
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I use my GPS running app to track my miles as it does my speed etc as well :)
  • TEY9936
    TEY9936 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hummm what GPS application do you use? plus if 2012 miles is individual it means we need to run/walk/bike 6 miles daily correct?
  • Crossone
    Options
    Hi, TEY!

Apparently, we can add up all of our milage, from whatever activity we engage in throughout our day. I work at a school for Special Needs Students, so I'll even count my steps as I push the wheelchairs thoughout the day. :smile:
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    hummm what GPS application do you use? plus if 2012 miles is individual it means we need to run/walk/bike 6 miles daily correct?

I have an andriod phone, but I believe you can get this on iphones too. I use runkeeper and it records walking/cycling/ running etc and you can use gps or just enter in manually if you use a gym machine .
  • kemeko
    kemeko Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'll probably invest in a good pedometer soon, but for the time being, I use an app on my Iphone called "Walkmeter".
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am beyond broke til payday, so I'm using a free app on my phone - walkroid. Sounds painful, doesn't it?
  • adaydreamr
    Options
    I use Walkmeter as well. I love it. I will probably just use that to track my miles and not add in when I get on the elliptical or go to the gym.