Hey! How's your day going? Wha'ts on your mind?

Options
K Ladies here's a daily check in thread just to say HI, whats up? and anything thats happend to you today...just a chit chat!!

Replies

• jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Well I'm feeling very motivated today!! All the decorations are down, 5 loads of Laundry done and put away and 3 bags of clothes for donation....went through Londyns cothes Libertys clothes and part of mine so far!!
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    Well today was a train wreck. I knew my MIL was making lasagna. I checked the database and found a lasagna that was 5.5 oz for a serving and about 380 calories for it. I thought I'd bring my food scale and have 2 pieces which should be 11 oz and be ok for the meal. I get there, put one piece on the plate and weigh it...13oz....oh jeez. That's when the all or nothing mentality takes over and I plop another piece on the plate and 2 pieces of garlic bread and eat away.
    I hate it when I plan and it backfires on me...Thank goodness tomorrow is a new day!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    I wish I knew what to say...but honestly I have that problem sometimes to =( more then I would like to admit!
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Hey, guys! Hope your day is going well :) Mine is good ~ sitting here at work. I just got finished eating ~ had peanut butter and celery and then a sugar free jello. I had started South Beach on January 1, but then the 2nd was my birthday and my family wanted to treat me with Mexican. I SHOULD have stayed away from the corn chips and the salsa....and I SHOULD have ordered the Carne Asada...but I didn't. Ah, well. I am back to the nitty gritty today :) I have done well (aside from a bit of coffee creamer). I am determined to make it these two weeks on Phase 1 and then ease into Phase 2. At least then I can have fruit and some grains :)

Hope y'all are having a wonderful day!!

Happy New Year!!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Hey, guys! Hope your day is going well :) Mine is good ~ sitting here at work. I just got finished eating ~ had peanut butter and celery and then a sugar free jello. I had started South Beach on January 1, but then the 2nd was my birthday and my family wanted to treat me with Mexican. I SHOULD have stayed away from the corn chips and the salsa....and I SHOULD have ordered the Carne Asada...but I didn't. Ah, well. I am back to the nitty gritty today :) I have done well (aside from a bit of coffee creamer). I am determined to make it these two weeks on Phase 1 and then ease into Phase 2. At least then I can have fruit and some grains :)

Hope y'all are having a wonderful day!!

Happy New Year!!

Sounds like you are doing great!! You can do it 2 weeks right?? You got it!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    I should have come here yesterday and talked it out! Today was a very bummer day just a "have so far to go" day and man I dont want to count calories for the next 5 millions years!!!

today is better and every day is a new day!
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies :+)

Glad we have this thread now to just check in and say hi! My day is going alright. One of the babies I watch is back today from Christmas break....the transition is pretty rough today but am making it! I'm actually really looking forward to going to the gym this afternoon. About a week ago (or less) I started alternating walking & jogging on the treadmill. I've never ran in my life, so it's all very new to me but I am really loving it. It's challenging and rewarding! I actually feel like I'm accomplishing something and am pretty proud of myself so far!

Eating wise I am not doing so hot lately! There is a little bit of chocolate in the house & leftover cupcakes from my oldest's birthday. Granted, I made the cupcakes lower fat...but still! It's TOM so we all know that's not helping things!

On another note....hubby and I are going down to my mom's house tomorrow afternoon to drop the kids off and having our 10 year anniversary getaway until Sunday!!! I am SO stinkin' excited to have time just with him, no mommy responsibilities for a few days will be a huge vacation (I know I will miss them though)

BTW...everyone is doing great!! Even through the struggles...at least seeing the struggles and recognizing them is a huge step in the right direction! We are all in this together and we're chipping away at it little by little!!! ((hugs))
  • Queen_JessieA
    Options
    I am thinking about starting to jog again. I am really scared, tho. I dunno. I will be praying about that!!! I need to work on ankle strength!!

Hope your day got better after your post and that the little one is doing better. Poor thing. So hard to be away from their Mamas!!

Of course right after this last post, I totally screw up South Beach and have a small slice of cake and a small slice of ice cream. Fits in my cals, but definitely not South Beach. Grrr. I am such a fricken idiot.
  • JRRCLR
    Options
    Chocolate and peanut butter temptations today. Plain chocolate is easy to stay away from...throw the PB in there I'm in trouble! :)
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Chocolate and peanut butter temptations today. Plain chocolate is easy to stay away from...throw the PB in there I'm in trouble! :)

that is the worst for me not a huge candy fan but I love love chocolate and peanut butter!
  • SunshineKB
    Options
    Chocolate and peanut butter is too rich of a combination for me! But Chocolate with some sort of nuts with it...THAT is dangerous for me lol
  • JRRCLR
    Options
    Kristin...or anyone...have you had the cocoa roast almonds? Those are yummy! Just enough chocolate flavor without being coated in chocolate.
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Kristin...or anyone...have you had the cocoa roast almonds? Those are yummy! Just enough chocolate flavor without being coated in chocolate.

the cinnamon/sugar..I think thats what they are can't remember but they are really good to!
  • Queen_JessieA
    Options

the cinnamon/sugar..I think thats what they are can't remember but they are really good to!
    \

I ADORE the cocoa almonds as well as the cinnamon roasted ones from Emerald!!! Yummmy!!!
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Ooo, there's cinnamon roasted almonds? Those sound delicious!

I just noticed that we have this thread up to say hi, so hi! :smile:

I finally got back on track last week after going waaaaaaaaay off track during the holidays. I don't know about you all, but the holidays were rough for me! I made up a workout schedule for the month of January though, and I'm sticking to it. Trying to do short workouts in the morning and then some longer ones in the afternoons, mixing up cardio and weight training. So far so good. I've only got 3 1/2 months left before I get married (I can't believe that!!), so I'm really trying to step it up a notch.

Hope you all had a great weekend!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Today is a good day for me. After hitting my first plateau and freaking out and going completely berserk on the calories on Saturday (more out of a 'why bother?' feeling than a strategic attack on my system), and not exercising for two days to give my aching knees a rest, I stepped on the scale today expecting something horrible. Instead, it shows a two pound loss.

Truly, my body is a prankster and I will make it pay for its insolence. But today, at least, I'm happy. I even lost an inch, although it's in the boob region, which usually makes people unhappy. I could do with a little less boob, though, so I'm fine with it.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Options
    Pam, yep, the cinnamon ones are my fave..my hubby loves the choco ones :)

Mara, congrats on the 2 pounds gone!! Yay!!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Ooo, there's cinnamon roasted almonds? Those sound delicious!

I just noticed that we have this thread up to say hi, so hi! :smile:

I finally got back on track last week after going waaaaaaaaay off track during the holidays. I don't know about you all, but the holidays were rough for me! I made up a workout schedule for the month of January though, and I'm sticking to it. Trying to do short workouts in the morning and then some longer ones in the afternoons, mixing up cardio and weight training. So far so good. I've only got 3 1/2 months left before I get married (I can't believe that!!), so I'm really trying to step it up a notch.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

WAHOOO How exciting!! sounds like you have a great plan!!! I'm having a hard time getting back on track from the holidays and Londyns accident to!!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Today is a good day for me. After hitting my first plateau and freaking out and going completely berserk on the calories on Saturday (more out of a 'why bother?' feeling than a strategic attack on my system), and not exercising for two days to give my aching knees a rest, I stepped on the scale today expecting something horrible. Instead, it shows a two pound loss.

Truly, my body is a prankster and I will make it pay for its insolence. But today, at least, I'm happy. I even lost an inch, although it's in the boob region, which usually makes people unhappy. I could do with a little less boob, though, so I'm fine with it.

Wahoo WtG>..sometimes our body just need a little shock!
  • SunshineKB
    Options
    I responded to that cocoa almonds thing but for some reason it's not here? Anyhoo...I have tried those and they're too dry for my taste. I LOVE almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc though...not sure what it is about the cocoa. I do love the skinny cow kit kat things though...have only had them once but it's a good treat :)