2012 Personal Goals

Options
321blueeyes
321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
The New Year is upon us & it is an excellent time to rethink your health and fitness goals! Please take a few minutes to reflect on 2011 and visualize where you want to go in 2012... then post your goals here :smile:

We have 6 weeks until Valentine's Day - what can YOU do in the next 6 weeks to help REACH YOUR 2012 GOALS?

Replies

• 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My 2012 personal goals:

- improve strength (unsuccessful attempt at 30 Day Shred this year - it killed my knees!)
    Action: yoga 3x weekly for the next 6 weeks, plus wall-sit 10 min/week adding 2 min each week

- beat 2 hr time goal in Half Marathon, hopefully finish my weight loss in 2012 so that I can try for a 50k in 2013!
    Action: this will be a post-Vday goal

- bring my body fat below 25%
    Action: keep up the weight loss, get a "dunk" test prior to 2/14

- devote more time/energy to my friendships - a tough lesson learned this past year when I discovered the "real" friends
    Action: hmmm, invite a friend for coffee/dinner/hangout each week

- continue to find alternate coping strategies which DON'T include emotional eating
    Action: log it in MFP instead!

- help my mom find the motivation to improve her own weight :flowerforyou: I love her dearly but I learned some very disfunctional eating habits and poor body image issues from her
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    2012 Goals:

1. Lose 30 lbs total by my social: February 4, 2012 (2.2 lbs to go)
    2. Eat more fruits and vegetables (2 more a day)
    3. Up my protein
    4. Complete another round of Rushfit by July 1, 2012
    5. Strut my stuff (WITH CONFIDENCE) in a bikini by July 14, 2012
    6. Lose 45 lbs total by September 1, 2012 (17.2 lbs to go)
    7. Rock lingerie HARD for a boudoir shot in August/ September 2012
    8. Purchase a new "summer clothes" wardrobe for summer 2012 AND Honeymoon October 2012
    9. Pursue a new hobby by March 2012
    10. Keep up a regular work out routine (4 - 7 days a week)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    1. Lose 30 lbs
    2. 1000+ minutes of exercise per month
    3. Learn to can (especially tomato stuff)
    4. Eat fewer junk snacks (pretzels, etc) and more healthy snacks (fruits, nuts, etc)

5. Improve knitting
    6. More crafts/activities with my kids
    7. Certification at work?
  • joyfulnoise100
    joyfulnoise100 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    2012 Goals:
    1) Obtain my goal weight of 150
    2) Feel confident and happy in swimwear this summer (of course in Washington state I have until June)
    3) Run 5 races, including at least two more 5k races (St Patrick’s Day Dash and other TBD), the Seattle 15k, a half marathon (TBD) and the Portland Marathon in October
    4) Successfully balancing full-time work with being a full-time student (should finish my Masters in September) and caring for my two fabulous dogs.
    5) Have fun and remember to live life!
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    2012 Goals

1. Find my balance. I keep getting off track and frustrating myself. Be more consistent with exercise
    2. Reach my first goal of 150 lbs by my brothers wedding in June (approx. 40 lbs :frown: )
    3. Start drinking LOTS of water and keep with it for longer than 3 days
    4. Get our finances in order, pay down the credit cards, and put myself through the online school I've been wanting to

I CAN do it and so can YOU!!! :bigsmile:
  • zenthebird
    zenthebird Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    These are some of my goals for 2012:

1. Find a way to lower anxiety-- something that does not involve food or alcohol. Exercise helps immensely, but there is a limit to how much I can do. Plus I need to stop those self-flogging thoughts that hit me early in the morning.

2. Lose 12 pounds (the EASY part), AND KEEP IT OFF. My goal is to be 139.999999 pounds or under. This is where I feel my best, look my best, and have the most confidence. Come ON, Tonya, its only 12 pounds. Get there and STAY THERE!

3. Cut the negativity. Cut the controlling. TRUST.

4. Clean out that garage.

5. Limit non-work computer usage to 1 hour per day.

6. When watching TV, get up during every commercial and tidy something or do some jumping jacks, or lift some weights.

7. Be more patient with my mother, my husband, my kids, and pretty much everyone.
  • panyg
    panyg Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    2012 Goals

I have lots. The main ones are:

1. Get to my goal weight of 168 pounds
    2. Find someone special
    3. Go home (my house was destroyed by burst pipes in Dec 2010)
    4. Have full control of my eating (and emotions!)
  • MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    2012 Goals

1. Hit b-day goal of 148 by March 20, 2012- 16 lbs. to go
    2. Organize my house
    3. Wear a 2 piece at the beach
    4. Get skinny family portraits taken lol