setting up goals

Options
onawho
onawho Posts: 196 Member
I am so glad to have so many supporters. We are going to KICK our *kitten* !!

Ok, so a few things; when you set up your goals, keep in mind the activity that you do each day. For example, I am a full time student, I am either behind my computer at home studying or in class. I do not count walking to and from classes, or other daily everyday tasks.

I have my lifestyle set at sedentary. So any extra activity I do, I log, be it walking the dog, going to the gym, etc.
If I was still a groom full time, I would set my lifestyle at the most active and not log things like cleaning stalls, hauling water buckets, grooming, because MFP accounts for those calories to already accounted for.

In a few months when you start to reach your goals and your goals change, the setting will effect the numbers and setting from your past logs. (does this make sense?) Don't worry about it. Just keep going forward, yesterday is just that, yesterday. This will make more sense in the coming months when you rearrange the amount of pounds you select to loose each week,

Good Luck!!

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Excellent advice!

Also, anyone who is logging their food and would like suggestions can open their food diary for others to view.

Go to My Home > Settings> Diary Settings. At the bottom of the page you can set your diary to public or friends only for others to view. Sometimes if you get stuck it's nice to let a few more people look at what you are eating and offer suggestions.