What's cookin' Good lookin'??????

Options
2»

Replies

• justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    This morning I had scrambled eggs with mild salsa and lean chicken! :) kind of strange but very satisfying! I'm finding living at home very challenging right now, my family isn't very supportive and they continuoisly make bad food! I try to just eat alot of fresh veggies and only a little bit of what they make. My mom gets upset when I don't eat her cooking, so I eat a minimal amount, then she thinks i'm going to starve. Oy! But its a learning process for both me and the fam!
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    This morning I had scrambled eggs with mild salsa and lean chicken! :) kind of strange but very satisfying! I'm finding living at home very challenging right now, my family isn't very supportive and they continuoisly make bad food! I try to just eat alot of fresh veggies and only a little bit of what they make. My mom gets upset when I don't eat her cooking, so I eat a minimal amount, then she thinks i'm going to starve. Oy! But its a learning process for both me and the fam!

When I lived at home I experienced the same problem. I decided to move out ;) ... My best advice to you, is to if at all possible have a conversation with your mom 1:1 - this way she feels less threatened when you dont eat her food and understands more WHY you're not, and tell her the reason you need to loose 40lbs is because you love her cooking, maybe she will be more open to cooking healthier or you make your own food!

This helped out at my house, my mom ended up not cooking potatoes and rice and way more veggies! :) ... Good Luck and let me know how the conversation goes!
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    I made awesome home made frozen yogurt last night:

1 cup of Tropical Frozen Fruit
    ½ Small Banana
    50g Fat Free Vanilla (Yoplait Source) Yogurt
    125mL 1% Skimmed Lactose Free Milk
    Blend in a magic bullet and ENJOY  *If you find it doesn’t blend easily add more milk (+cals) or water (0 cals)!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

½ Small Banana
    Blend in a magic bullet and ENJOY  *If you find it doesn’t blend easily add more milk (+cals) or water (0 cals)!

This sounds amazing!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! I will definately try this!!!!!
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options

½ Small Banana

This sounds amazing!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! I will definately try this!!!!!

It was soo good and I took my time eating it. That should def be a challenge - Take time to enjoy food, you will prob eat less and feel full faster too! My dad had the laparoscopic adjustable gastric band (lap band sugery) done and one of the "band rules" was to eat slower - I think its recommended 30 mins/meal ... I will double check this though! That would be a great challenge for me!
  • jomom2
    jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options

½ Small Banana

It was soo good and I took my time eating it. That should def be a challenge - Take time to enjoy food, you will prob eat less and feel full faster too! My dad had the laparoscopic adjustable gastric band (lap band sugery) done and one of the "band rules" was to eat slower - I think its recommended 30 mins/meal ... I will double check this though! That would be a great challenge for me!
    I just wrote this down! Gonna make it tonight. I love that challenge, its so true. I know myself, I never take my time to eat. Good one!
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Cranberry sauce, homemade from whole cranberries with Stevia, no sugar or anything else. I love it so much I eat it warm!