Introduce Yourself

Options
2»

Replies

• Peskyanimal
    Options
    I don't lie to my self about what or how much I am eating. By being brutally truthful with my self I am now holding my self accountable for what I put in my body. Asking my self " are you really hungry or bored or ...". It is really working, SO glad I found MFP.
  • jkprof
    jkprof Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi ICI,
    thank you for responding. by body gains i mean the leaner look and feel i was getting from weightlifting, yoga, and proper nutirition. i had a big set back when i got busy at work and then had a fall on a horse thus dissallowing my routines. tonight i am trying to get back to the gym and do cardio and the pool (a recuperative activity for my muscles which are still bruised). thanks again, will check in every couple of days.

How is your journey going? jk
  • jkprof
    jkprof Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i agree with you and mfp allows that brutal honesty. what i lke is that even if i had a terrible day (i.e. cheese cake binge or no activity) it is generally not as "bad" as my emotional mind believed or told myself. that is reassuring, allowing me to start anywhere at any moment back on the healthier track. at this stage of my life i am willing to not be perfect but i want to gain my figure back and live well and strong in the next 35 or 40 (whatever i have left.).

Stay strong. Be you. Heal the inner self. jk
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    jk,

I'm so sorry to hear about your fall, but I'm glad to hear that you're able to get back into exercising. The pool should really help! But take it sow and don't overdo it!
  • 9thChakra
    9thChakra Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Just saying hello. Don't really want to discuss my past at this time. Here is what I wrote in my recent forum intro:

Hello. I've been away from MFP for some time but I am back and want to start using it more frequently. If you would like, please read my profile to find out more about me.

For now:

-If you are someone who is interested in seeing what someone else is doing here, you are positive and you are not dependent on others for your happiness then you may want to consider following me.

-I have opened my diary, profile and blog to the public for those that are curious as to what someone else does here on MFP.

-I'm open to gaining "friends" who would like to follow my progress as little or as often as they want.

-I am currently interested in using the MFP site as a tool in my journey with food and movement rather than as a social network and will likely rarely communicate with the "friends" I make.

-When I do communicate I only post positive feedback.

-If "friends" want to communicate with me I respectfully ask that they consider posting minimal positive feedback and not taking it personally if I don't reciprocate. (Like I stated above...not really here for the social network).

Thanks so much for considering and have a great day!

9thChakra