Mountain biking to work: Burning cals NOT gas!!

Options
BigCed77024
BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
my bike is my hoopdie! I burn serious calories not gas but the results are more amazing!

Round trip is 16-20 miles depending on how I get to work and the long route home. It actually allows me to get in BURNS while going to work which is awesome.

I actually take the bus via park and ride to work. Funny thing is it takes me 1.5 hours (sometimes 2 hours) to get to work via the 3 bus transfers and only 50 to 1 hour minutes via mountain biking. I typically burn 1,000-1,500 cals each way.

I am excited on this new venture. Its cooooollllddd in the morning so I bundle up. I ride to the gym down the street and shower before finishing to the office. I was encouraged to ride daily after seeing some members on MFP riding 1,000 a month 33 miles a day isnt a BIG DEAL. Its not easy but its definitely doable. I am just looking to do 500 a month for right now only 16.5 per day. I can accomplish this by simply commuting to a from the office.

To all the bike-commuters out there..keep on truckin!

Ced!

I

Replies

• SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    my bike is my hoopdie! I burn serious calories not gas but the results are more amazing!

Round trip is 16-20 miles depending on how I get to work and the long route home. It actually allows me to get in BURNS while going to work which is awesome.

I actually take the bus via park and ride to work. Funny thing is it takes me 1.5 hours (sometimes 2 hours) to get to work via the 3 bus transfers and only 50 to 1 hour minutes via mountain biking. I typically burn 1,000-1,500 cals each way.

I am excited on this new venture. Its cooooollllddd in the morning so I bundle up. I ride to the gym down the street and shower before finishing to the office. I was encouraged to ride daily after seeing some members on MFP riding 1,000 a month 33 miles a day isnt a BIG DEAL. Its not easy but its definitely doable. I am just looking to do 500 a month for right now only 16.5 per day. I can accomplish this by simply commuting to a from the office.

Ced!

I

Awww friend...I know you do WONDERFUL Mileage on your bike and the passion you have for it...SO AWESOME....Continue pushing which I know you will and thanks for being a great inspiration to me and awesome friend...Love you buddy! STEPH
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options

Ced!

I

Awww friend...I know you do WONDERFUL Mileage on your bike and the passion you have for it...SO AWESOME....Continue pushing which I know you will and thanks for being a great inspiration to me and awesome friend...Love you buddy! STEPH

Thanks Steph!
  • Journeyingascrystal
    Options

HAAAA!! Ced.. this sounds like a rap!!! haa!!! You are so crazy! and smart!