Week 1 challenge

Options
sunnydays33
sunnydays33 Posts: 181 Member
Happy New Year friends!

I was hoping to post a somewhat easy challenge to get us kick started, but then realized the one that I think we will all benefit from if we change nothing else...is actually a really hard one! This is a challenge, so here goes:

DRINK ALL YOUR WATER!!! (I'm really only yelling at myself) ;o) I'm terrible at this, especially in the winter. However, when I do drink at least 8 glasses/day I can tell and feel the difference! My skin thanks me, my hair and nails thank me, and most importantly all the sodium and bad choices (eh, a few glasses of wine) I might make, are constently being flushed out.

So, cheers to hydration!

Replies

• rosecook425
    rosecook425 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I can agree with this one. Over the holiday weeken I had all my water in and felt great. Day 1 back to work and I got half in and noticed a difference. Love this challenge and will work hard at it.
  • kmj712004
    kmj712004 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I need to work on this too! I am ADDICTED to diet coke........so just as soon as I down my fix for the day, it's water the rest of the day!
  • BlessedMoon
    BlessedMoon Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great challenge, drinking enough water is a challenge for me. I'm just not thirsty...ever. Unless when I'm working out ;0) So I'm going to make a point to drink at least my 8 cups while at work, as if I was at the gym.
  • CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Slacked on this yesterday because I walked away and forgot my trusty water bottle at home and today I have it sitting here but haven't filled it yet....UGH!!! I know there's water in the large hot tea I drank this morning but it just isn't the same.
  • balibee146
    balibee146 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great idea for the first challenge. I have been doing OK with this the past few days but when I go back to work it's harder - the water cooler is oh 5 steps away from my desk!

Water, water, everywhere.....:wink:
  • liberella
    liberella Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm with you - I'm on a general detox ... no alcohol; one cup of coffee; all water I can get. Had a great lime juice, ginger, sparkling water mocktail tonight - was a great, refreshing treat and was one more glass of water down the hatch!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Drinking enough water has been my biggest challenge...so this is perfect!
  • mcrumpsf
    mcrumpsf Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My kidneys are thanking me with my water intake.
  • fee2dancesing
    Options
    I know that I'm a little late reading the challange cut I like it. Good luck everyone!
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm on it. This is one thing I'm good at!
  • sassyshell
    sassyshell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's funny...I'm in another challenge and our challenge Jan 1-9 was to drink half our body weight in water so I'm good for this first challenge. I guess I'll just stay in the bathroom!
  • trudemeanor
    trudemeanor Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great Challenge! I really struggle to get my entire water intake as well. I usually start of good at the beginning of the day, but then I taper off. This will encourage me to get it all in!
  • JonathanMFP
    JonathanMFP Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I like this challenge, as drinking water has never really been a problem for me. I have one of those 25oz CamelBak Better Bottles that I bring to work, and I end up refilling it at least once (often more) a day. I figure with that and the water I drink at meals or during and after a workout, I'm easily getting at least eight 8-oz glasses of water daily.
  • MrsGreenTea703
    MrsGreenTea703 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge! Excellent! ::gulps some water:: =)