Eating Out

Options
What are your "go-to" meals when you go out to eat? The only places I stay away from these days are Mexican, Indian, Thai restaurants since there are few choices there. Unless I am wrong...what do you guys do? Italian I usually just ask for grilled chicken or a lean cut of steak with steamed veggies, no oil, no butter. And with the salad, if I get one, I get a balsamic type dressing and just dip my fork in. I was told that it's ok to do that! lol ;-) I wonder who from? Chinese restaurants I have "steamed chicken with broccoli", soy sauce packets on the side.

Replies

• jkl00098
    Options
    I've been out to eat twice since starting Medifast. The first time my friend wanted Vietnamese. I was a little concerned because all I'd ever order before when having asian food had noodles or rice. I found a menu item that was Shrip over broccoli. There was a garlic sauce as well with onions. I just ate the shrip and broccoli and tapped off the excess sauce from each bite. I surmised that the little bit of sauce I consumed would count as my two fats as well as my three condiments.

The second time was going to Chipotle with my husband. I got the salad. The chicken there is dark meat, so you don't get a fat with it. Don't have the dressing, it's way to high in fat and carbs. All the yummy veggies and spices on the chicken make up for no dressing and no cheese.