20 Dr. Who Quotes to Live By

Options
emaline614
emaline614 Posts: 86 Member
“Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
The Tenth Doctor, The Lazarus Experiment

“For some people, small, beautiful events are what life is all about.”
The Fifth Doctor, Earthshock

“There’s no point in being grown up if you can’t act a little childish sometimes.”
The Fourth Doctor, Robot

“Courage isn’t a matter of not being frightened, you know. It’s being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway.”
The Third Doctor, Planet of the Daleks

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
The Eleventh Doctor, Vincent and the Doctor

“Never ignore coincidence. Unless, of course, you’re busy. In which case, always ignore coincidence.”
The Eleventh Doctor, The Pandorica Opens

“One good solid hope is worth a cartload of certainties.”
The Fourth Doctor, Warrior’s Gate

“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
The Eleventh Doctor, A Christmas Carol

“Always take a banana to a party, Rose: bananas are good!”
The Tenth Doctor, The Girl in the Fireplace

“You know when sometimes, you meet someone so beautiful – and then you actually talk to them, and five minutes later they’re as dull as a brick; but then there’s other people. And you meet them and you think, ‘Not bad, they’re okay,’ and then when you get to know them… Their face just sort of becomes them, like their personality’s written all over it, and they just – they turn into something so beautiful. Rory’s the most beautiful man I’ve ever met.”
Amy Pond, The Girl Who Waited

“Our lives are different from anybody else’s. That’s the exciting thing. Nobody in the universe can do what we’re doing.”
The Second Doctor, Tomb of the Cybermen

“Your life could depend on this. Don’t blink. Don’t even blink. Blink and you’re dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don’t turn your back, don’t look away, and don’t blink! Good luck.”
The Tenth Doctor, Blink

“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”
The Eleventh Doctor, The Wedding of River Song

“Go forward in all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.”
The First Doctor, The Dalek Invasion of Earth

“There’s a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive… wormhole refractors… You know the thing you need most of all? You need a hand to hold.”
The Tenth Doctor, Fear Her

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams.”
The Eleventh Doctor, The Almost People

“When you’re a kid, they tell you it’s all… Grow up, get a job, get married, get a house, have a kid, and that’s it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It’s so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better.”
Elton, Love and Monsters

“You don’t just give up. You don’t just let things happen. You make a stand! You say no! You have the guts to do what’s right, even when everyone else just runs away.”
Rose, The Parting of the Ways

“There’s always something to look at if you open your eyes!”
The Fifth Doctor, Kinda

“One may suffer a world of demons for the sake of an angel.”
Madame du Pompadour, The Girl in the Fireplace

What are some of your favorites??? Feel free to add to the list! :)

Replies

• Hikaru37
    Hikaru37 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    "I am BRILLIANT"

Tenth Doctor, Utopia, Forest of the Dead......err many really ;D

(We may as well live by this little motivationaly one ;D)

I got goosebumps then reading your list :')
    I love lots more quotes but I don't have time to type them out haha!

The Amy Pond one is just.....doubly goosebumps. Sums up how I feel about my boyamigo perfectly :'). Seany's the most beautiful man I've ever met
  • Hikaru37
    Options
    "Good men don't need rules. Today's not the day to find out why I have so many"

Eleventh Doctor, A Good Man Goes To War
  • Hikaru37
    Options
    Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the Doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

River Song, Forest of the Dead
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    "We've just got this one thing... well, four things.... well, four things and a lizard." 10 end of Blink.

whenever i'm trying to describe a hectic day, i use this.
  • emaline614
    emaline614 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    "We've just got this one thing... well, four things.... well, four things and a lizard." 10 end of Blink.

whenever i'm trying to describe a hectic day, i use this.

i love this! perfect! :)
  • IDontLikeRegistering
    Options
    "This is not life! This is ... sickness." - the Dalek in Dalek

I use this one quite a lot when things start going disturbingly wrong.
  • Raukodraug
    Raukodraug Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well, it may be rather antithetical around here, but... "Would you like a Jelly Baby?"
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    "Good men don't need rules. Today's not the day to find out why I have so many"

Eleventh Doctor, A Good Man Goes To War

One of my FAVORITES!!
  • Fridaydalek
    Fridaydalek Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    "I love humans. They always see patterns in things that aren't there."

And I'll court controversy with this one:

"I'm half human. On my mother's side." :devil:

Both from the Eighth Doctor in the TVM.
  • KCherry
    KCherry Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    "We're all stories in the end. Make it a good one."
  • katsten
    katsten Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    "Bowties are cool" Not something to live by, but one of my favorite quotes none the less :-)
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    One of my all time favorites: "I'm being extremely clever up here, and there's no one standing around looking impressed. What is the point of having you all?" - The Impossible Astronaut

Love the Doctor!