Calorie Counting system here

Options
DancingAppy
DancingAppy Posts: 12 Member
Ok, how is everyone logging their calories on here?

I'm finding it too cumbersome to pull out my phone every time I eat something. Most of the time, I don't have my phone on me. So The first few days, by the time I get to a computer to log my food, I've forgotten all the details.

I was thinking of having a little notebook and then translate it on here everyday?

Replies

• rustbreeches
    Options
    I'm a SAHM, so pretty easy for me. What about sending yourself a text when you eat, then you can just pull it up to log it later
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    I'm also bad at this, but I figure it's one more thing that will keep me accountable. Even thinking to myself, "if I have this cookie, I need to write it down..." tends to deter me. A little.

I have a cheapo spiral notebook from the dollar store in which I write what I eat and what I do for exercise. I also include my weekly weigh ins and measurements when I do them. You may find it a bit easier to scribble it in a book rather than logging on every time you eat something.

And though I can't really comment as I'm not "in the habit" yet, I'm sure it'll be one of those things that will be hard to remember to do at first, but eventually it'll become second nature.
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    or you can log it in early, in the AM if you pack a lunch. That way you are locked into eating what you brought to work. Once you start to gather a list of foods you eat regularly it will be easier, you just have to check it and add it.

Use the most recent tab to look for past foods, and search all meals, not just breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Once you have logged in a good amount of foods it will be easier.

I also find it easier to use the website over the phone app, but I do like the scanner feature on the app.
  • wehrlegirl
    Options
    Even thinking to myself, "if I have this cookie, I need to write it down..." tends to deter me. A little.

This is SO true!!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I pre log a lot of my foods. If I know what I'm having for lunch or dinner I'll log it in the morning so I know what I've got to use the rest of the day.

I love logging because it makes me mindful of what I am eating. When I started logging I was absolutely appalled at just how many calories I was mindlessly consuming.