Hello

Options
I'm introducing myself. I'm Wendee. Turned 40 a couple months ago. Two years ago I survived a brain aneurysm and brain surgery. Since that first surgery I have lived with chronic headache, but hey, I'm living, right?!? :) Before that fateful day I was a thin, healthy marathon runner. I was working on my 12th marathon when they found the berry on the brain. Since the surgery I have conquered 3 half marathons and I'm at the beginning stages of training for my 13th full marathon, in 10 months. I hope to conquer and maybe personal record at one more half marathon before then. With all the running news you'd think I'd be a stick, eh? No such luck. With the chronic head pain comes a very wobbly exercise schedule. I am completely ruled by if the head hurts or not. In the last two years I gained somewhere around 25 pounds as a result. There's a little more to the story really, pre existing autoimmune contitions added into the mix for example. The short of it is that I put on weight I don't want, and can't seem to kick things into gear long enough to take it back off. So here I am.

I'm glad to see there is a group that will understand the added element of chronic pain. I'm glad there is a group of incredible people who are working to be fit THROUGH chronic pain. You are all my heroes, and though I don't know you yet, I look up to you all. Thanks!