Buying a dress

Options
So, I really am not sure what to do about buying a dress. I'm a dress size 28 now and this is the dress I want from Alfred Angelo:

100_0692.jpg

I am just not sure when to order. The consultants encouraged me to order 6 months out but how am I supposed to guess what size I'll be to by then? I'd hate to be too far off and waste $800 or wait too late and risk not being able to get that style. Ughhh any ideas?

Replies

• annanoel21
    annanoel21 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem. My wedding is 290 days away - its in october. I have given myself 130 days to lose 40 lbs - i want to be under 200 - would like to be 170 by my wedding. If i dont reach my goal by then i am going ahead and getting the dress. If i am near my goal i am going to wait a little longer before picking my size. Most can be taken in and let out for you depending on what you need.
  • Steffyss
    Options
    I am having anxiety over my dress. The dress shop I went to told me to order in August so that it would be here in time and when I expressed my concern about losing weight they said they would be able to take it in. As it is it wont be here until March. I have lost 20 lbs since october and if I continue along the same pace I will lose almost 40 lbs by my wedding date. I asked the dress shop and they said they will be able to alter it but im still scared.
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I hear what you saying, I'm not sure about where you went but I went to Davids bridal and ordered it that day and came in 2 weeks from that date. I also tried on a size smaller then what I was and was just short by 2 inches of fitting into it. So I ordered that size and my wedding is in may so if I need it altered they will 2 sizes down, and realistic for me I don't see me losing much more then that by the wedding. Good luck and it is very pretty!
  • tinkerbek
    tinkerbek Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    that dress IS very pretty! I'd say look at the current rate youve been losing and take your best guess. But dont go too overboard, you dont want massive pressure to lose weight along with all the other wedding stuff you'll be trying to get done.
  • ogmama12
    ogmama12 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Most places will do as many alterations as you need. When I got my dress in August I freaked out about the size and asked the sales woman to order the smaller size since I was planning to lose weight. While we ended up ordering the bigger size, she told me that we get as many alterations as needed. Since I've lost weight and plan to lose more, I'm really excited to try it on again in May when it's done being made to see what I look like in it now!