My fitness pal ins and outs

Options
Kooopons
Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
Do any of you who are myfitnesspal pros have advice for utilizing the site? Maybe some of you who have used it could share what you like the best and find useful and things that help to motivate you.

Replies

• briebollenberg
    briebollenberg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I haven't been using it long, but if you have and IPhone (maybe a droid too) download the app. There is a scanner built in to the app so when I am making my food I just scan and add. It is SO easy. Pulls up all the information for you. HTH's someone!

Brie
  • AJones1021
    AJones1021 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    ITA w/ the app. My work computer is slow as far as logging things on here, but my phone is super easy!
  • BklynMamacita
    BklynMamacita Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I also downloaded the app on my Samsung tablet. I love reading the community boards especially the success stories. It keeps me motivated. I also check out meal plans, exercise plans, etc. so I can switch things up.
  • MommaBranam
    Options
    I didn't notice the scanner. That is too cool.
    I haven't been using it long, but if you have and IPhone (maybe a droid too) download the app. There is a scanner built in to the app so when I am making my food I just scan and add. It is SO easy. Pulls up all the information for you. HTH's someone!

Brie
  • mom2jrn
    mom2jrn Posts: 40
    Options
    LOVE the scanner! Makes it so easy!!
  • AngieWin
    Options
    Love, love, love the andriod app!! Definitely do that!
  • Kooopons
    Options
    Oh man, app app app- I don't have a fancy phone to get the app. The scanner thing sounds really cool. As soon as my contract it up, I'm getting an iphone, shhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone!!!
  • hayseedinthecity
    Options
    Koops! We can do FACETIME!!! Hurry up contract end!
  • Kooopons
    Options
    Koops! We can do FACETIME!!! Hurry up contract end!

Janie- what is facetime and will I have to shower?
  • KPKoze
    KPKoze Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    No pro here!! But I feel like I should get the App now!!! LOL

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the feature at the bottom of the food entry that says "if every day were like today you'd weigh XX in 5 weeks". SOOOO motivating to me and keeps me focused!! I have been a big sparkpeople person in the past but that feature right there will get me to switch to here!
  • Kooopons
    Options
    No pro here!! But I feel like I should get the App now!!! LOL

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the feature at the bottom of the food entry that says "if every day were like today you'd weigh XX in 5 weeks". SOOOO motivating to me and keeps me focused!! I have been a big sparkpeople person in the past but that feature right there will get me to switch to here!

Oh wow, I haven't seen that feature Kristi- maybe it's only showing for those that are doing a good job- aka not me- LOL!!
  • Kooopons
    Options
    Kristi- I just found it, you have to click the I am done link- and mine said I'd weigh the same in 5 weeks if I kept it up- LOL!!!
  • KPKoze
    KPKoze Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ha ha Koops!! Well, at least we know we can maintain, right??? LOL I've done two good days in a row, I shalt not gloat at least until the wicked day 3... when I all of a sudden think to myself: "I deserve a reward for all my hard work." At which point the reward turns into a 14 day reward... not really helpful!!
  • Phansmail
    Options
    LOL Jen! at least Jason ok'd it back a few months ago. :D
  • cwiklamama
    Options
    Ha ha Koops!! Well, at least we know we can maintain, right??? LOL I've done two good days in a row, I shalt not gloat at least until the wicked day 3... when I all of a sudden think to myself: "I deserve a reward for all my hard work." At which point the reward turns into a 14 day reward... not really helpful!!

Oh my goodness...this is me in a nutshell. I lose 5, then reward myself for 2 weeks and gain back 4. It's a horrible vicious cycle that I really need to stop.
  • Gynnabean
    Gynnabean Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the app and it's easy to keep my food diary updated! (iphone) I do have a question though, how do I add half a portion? For example, I had half a portion of goldfish but couldn't manually put it on there :grumble:
  • kimnmiah
    Options
    You should be able to change portion size before you add the goldfish. After you scan it should ask number of servings before you hit add.
  • hzimmy
    hzimmy Posts: 2
    Options
    LOL - I misread the "If every day was like today you'd weigh 172.XX" I THOUGHT it said I'd LOSE 172.XX in 5 weeks!
  • Kooopons
    Options
    LOL - I misread the "If every day was like today you'd weigh 172.XX" I THOUGHT it said I'd LOSE 172.XX in 5 weeks!

Ha ha ha!!! You'd weight zero - perfect!
  • kimnmiah
    Options
    Anyone know if there is a way to see this group from my iPhone app? I do all my logging there but have to go to the website to see the group.