Trying something new

Options
tlcAK
tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
So I've tried a couple things since I've joined MFP,
Running, cycling, skiing, Jillian Michaels DVD's, Beach Body DVD's (which I stopped cuz I couldn't pick up my baby the next day :( maybe I'll try again when she's not so dependent of me). I am actually going to switch back to running for a bit with some cycling here and there, but what I was wondering was what all everyone else has tried and what they liked the most?

Replies

• Justine13
    Justine13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I do 3 different Jillian Michaels dvds (buns & thigh, 6 week 6pack, and 30d shred) in the mornings before work.
    Then in the evenings i alternate running (my little guy rides his bike) and Zumba classes. on the weekends i double up and do running and zumba each day.
    I also have a excersice ball at work i do crunches on. i do about 30-40 everyday. I only started doing this about 3 weeks ago but let me tell you i have noticed a big difference in my stomach already.
    This week though i have only done 1 video in the morning. my little guy is sick and hasn't been sleeping well so naturally neither has mommy. :0(
  • deeR504
    deeR504 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just Bought Jillian Michaels killer buns & thighs, I am going to begin that tomorrow. I think I will also attempt to work it in before work lol! I love Zumba but can only make it to class on my day off and even then I miss it for doctor appointments or something else comes up. I went out and bought Zumba for the Wii and it is awesome because it is still fun and you still sweat. It is a great work out in class or in your living room. I had to go buy it after missing three Zumba classes in a row (over the holidays). I now can work out using Zumba at home more often than I would ever make it to class. Personally I enjoy the elliptical more than just running but that is because I grew sick of the treadmill (stopped using mine altogether after using it religiously for 4yrs).
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I wish I could work out in the mornings. That was the best. But my baby girl likes to get up at 4:30 5 am and wants all my attention while I'm trying to get ready for work. Lots of fun!
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I try to mix it up, I do ripped in 30, I go to boot camp classes, circuit, and zumba, try to throw in arc trainer or elliptical too. I will do bodyrocktv too if I can't get to the gym. Netflix has some yoga that I try, and some kickboxing, it's pretty mild but it gets a sweat going.
  • nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My 3 girls (7, 5 and 3) are past the baby-baby stage and not sure how old your little one is. But I found when my girls were little they loved to watch me work out...since it does actually look a little silly at times. I could feed her a bit of breakfast and set them in the highchair or boucy seats. They kept me company and motivated.