• deftanker
    deftanker Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    it here....
    sorry had to.
  • deftanker
    Options
    Anyone planning on doing anything specific? ie body for life, p90x?
    I plan on just watching what I eat and doing standard things like cardio and weight training using a variation of body for life
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Just hoping to get to the gym 4x a week and be more mindful of what I'm eating. Keep my protein up. Keep my sugar and carbs low.
  • andshrinking
    andshrinking Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i plan to do 30 day shred :)

ialso can tell all of you how to get the videos for free
    like hip hop abs
    yoga
    6 week six pack

let me know who wants em
  • kimberjo1
    Options
    I am planning on just doing the gym, and really maintaining what I am eating. Hopefully the gym will be at least 3 times a week.
  • brightblueeyes
    Options
    30 Day shred, tae bo, walking, hooping - I'm actually looking forward to starting and getting a routine going! :)
  • Jewels1869
    Jewels1869 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on joining a gym. I plan on doing all my exercise at home or outside walking. I have an exercise bike that I plan on hitting hard. I'm also going to put the wii fit plus to good use. I have a kettlebell and a workout video that goes with it. Utube is a great place to find workouts when you get bored with your routine.

Andshrinking... I'd love to know how to get video's for free. Hip hop abs sounds fun!
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Nerd Fitness plan :) It's pretty simple -- and NOT a video. I love it because I can have TV going or inspirational music in the background.
  • cnotefwb
    cnotefwb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Insanity on Monday. I've finished the program once before with amazing results....so thought I'd give it a second go around. I had a partner last time who kept me motivated - doing it on my own this time! Hopefully, I can keep the same motivation going.
    Another goal is to log EVERY day!! Not just when I'm eating well.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,955 Member
    Options
    I'm really specific in my "plan" - weight-train M/W/F with 10-12 minutes of HIIT afterward and HIIT - 20 minutes on T/Th. Stretching after every gym session. Saturday - maybe HIIT, but probably steady-state cardio class. Sunday = rest and yoga/stretching.
  • andshrinking
    Options
    if you guys want the videos go to
    http://tumblrgym.tumblr.com/
    look on the sidebar
  • Jewels1869
    Jewels1869 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link! Looks like I will be able to vary my workout a lot with this site!
  • Results4achange
    Options
    I'm starting the 17 day diet- it's 4 cycles, 17 days each cycle. A coworker followed this and wow! RESULTS. Doing this with a three to four day elliptical training...hopefully I"ll be smaller by spring.
  • BuffLoveWinning
    BuffLoveWinning Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I do variations of a bunch of methods lol a bit of a health junkie when it comes to reading etc. I'm also part of tone it up community. It's okay but Mfp has a better community app. There's just somethings I do and don't.... I like the gym environment it works for me. I also have a pretty good DVD workout collection. I would like to get some new home equipment tho... Bosh ball, gravity straps etc. But its okay til then.

Mycarb protein fat ratios are 40 35 25
    I do like food combining methods. Protein with carbs. Natural fat only.. Whole cheese heck yes!
    And milk after working put mmmmm
  • Annie092
    Options
    So, I know we're going for the greatest percentage of body fat lost, but I'm just wondering how you measure that?
  • mrspoe06
    Options
    if you guys want the videos go to
    http://tumblrgym.tumblr.com/
    look on the sidebar

I am starting 30 day shred tomorrow as well...maybe we can keep each other posted on how things are going on the different days...any bit of motivation helps!
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I too am doing the 30DS plus 20-30 min daily walks....Thanks for the links by the way!
  • andshrinking
    Options
    So, I know we're going for the greatest percentage of body fat lost, but I'm just wondering how you measure that?

okay so int he beginning everyone will give me their start weight
    so lets say you are 200
    and another person is 300

200 lb person loses 20 lbs
    300lbs person loses 21 lbs

so 200 - 20 is 180. 180/200 = .90 meaning they lost 100%- 90% which is ten percent of their body weight
    300 - 21 is 279. 279/300 = .93 meaning they lost 100%-93% which is seven percent of their body weight

so the amount of pounds wouldnt matter. the person who lost 10 percent would win
  • deftanker
    Options
    Which sucks if you are gaining muscle. But thats hard to measure.
    So if you are doing a lot of lifting do not get discouraged!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,955 Member
    Options
    I hate to point this out - and I'm not being critical, but andshrinking's calculation is based on percentage of body WEIGHT lost, NOT percentage of body FAT lost.

Body fat % IS much more difficult to calculate. But, here is ONE website (there are several) which has boxes you can fill in to determine what your body fat % is (now) - and then again as the challenge goes on to measure progress:

http://www.linear-software.com/online.html