The weekend is here- oh no!!!

Options
Kooopons
Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
So how is everyone doing? what is everyone doing?

I admit that I'm not doing much. I always have to get so prepped (mentally and kitchen-wise) before I feel like I can commit myself fully to these things. It's a terrible way to be since healthy eating and exercising should be a way of life, not a quick fix, but old habits are hard to break.
So this weekend I'm getting better prepped! I HATE seeing that big fat ZERO on my ticker!!!!!

Now I'm off to make a bagel- which I really shouldn't do........maybe I'll do something different right now.

Replies

• kchristopher7
    Options
    Jen-
    Try something different for breakfast! Maybe some fresh fruit or an egg white omelet with sliced ham? Or if you must have the bagel, only eat half! And measure the amount of cream cheese or whatever else you put on it! HTH! (honking the horn) =)
  • AJones1021
    AJones1021 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thinking about the weekend always make me anxious. I feel like I have great control during the week when I have the routine of work. Today is my first day off for the weekend, so I got up and immediately made something good for breakfast and logged my meals through lunch. So, at least I've got a plan.

Does anyone know if they have a recipe option here like WW.com does? I want to make a chicken veggie bake for dinner and I'm not quite sure how to log it (I mean, I know I can log it as individual foods, but dang a recipe would be easier!).
  • Kooopons
    Options
    I had 2 eggs and 2 slices of toast for breakfast (I was hungry) BUT it was less calories than my one bagel with cream cheese. I also felt full MUCH longer!!!

I am doing much better today- I still have 900 calories left after my lunch! I had a great salad for lunch and after tallying everything it was surprising how good of a calorie "deal" it was!! I make the home made italian from the seasoning packets and I use very little oil and more vinegar so I even documented more calories than it probably was!!

entering recipes- I don't know if they have that- I don't know what WW's is like. I haven't had this problem yet.
  • mom2jrn
    mom2jrn Posts: 40
    Options
    Thinking about the weekend always make me anxious. I feel like I have great control during the week when I have the routine of work. Today is my first day off for the weekend, so I got up and immediately made something good for breakfast and logged my meals through lunch. So, at least I've got a plan.

Does anyone know if they have a recipe option here like WW.com does? I want to make a chicken veggie bake for dinner and I'm not quite sure how to log it (I mean, I know I can log it as individual foods, but dang a recipe would be easier!).

So far I've been logging them as individual foods but it so much work!
  • BklynMamacita
    BklynMamacita Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Doing well so far. I need an avatar pic LOL. Anyway my sister goes to Yale and she is in an acapella group. They are performing in San Francisco today. Yah! I work in SF so have to go pick up DS, pick up DH and head to concert at 6. We are taking her to dinner after. Tomorrow I do weigh in when I go to gym, do kickboxing and weights. Taking DS to Sausalito Discovery museum. I think it was a Living Social deal so I want to use it before it expires. I use Saturday kind of as a cheat day. I allow myself a donut and plan to eat an exciting dinner. LOL. Exercise will add at least 1000 calories so I should be fine anyway. Sunday I have church and a meeting and plan to eat as normal and within my diet.
  • mommawag
    Options
    There is a recipe option- a must for me! It wasn't too bad to enter.

And I'm like koops- I need time to prepare, so for now I'm going to just track what I eat and try to exercise- we have a goal start date by feb 1:)
  • cwiklamama
    Options
    Have to admit it's my mom's birthday this weekend and she wants Texas Roadhouse which is literally my favorite restaurant and the best huge fatty foods. I just searched the food data base on here and it shows one delicious roll alone is 226 calories alone already. Never mind I typically have about 3 of them plus my meal. Yikes. Looks like I need to find something better there.
  • Kooopons
    Options
    Recipe option- oh cool!

Texas Roadhouse- oh man, just enjoy it! My mouth is watering!
  • mom2jrn
    mom2jrn Posts: 40
    Options
    Thankfully for the next 3 months my weekends are pretty tied up which means there is no time to go out to eat! And my husband is also doing this so we have each other to keep us on track. However, if we were going out for a special occasion, which for us would be anytime we actually get to go out, I would eat whatever I want. We are planning on going to Disney later this year and you better believe I'm going to eat anything and everything I want. Then I'll be good the week after that. LOL!

You have to find ways to make this a part of life not just a temporary thing. For me that means I have to have something sweet everyday. This is a huge improvement over last week and the weeks before where it was, I have to have something sweet after every meal. Every night while I'm watching TV I have a no sugar added fudgesicle which is only 40 calories. I need that little bit of chocolate to keep me sane. I don't drink coffee but I was a soda fanatic and went cold turkey on Sunday and while I would still like to have a soda it's not something that I'm really craving. I really wanted to have a cheat day and wanted a chili cheese hot dog with tater tots from Sonic with a regular snickers sonic blast. Then I looked at the calories and realized that would be almost all my calories for an entire day. So instead I'm going to get a corn dog and a small chili cheese tot. That's 450 calories vs. 620. And I'm going to pick up a skinny cow or smart ones ice cream dessert which will be less that 200 as opposed to my sonic blast which is 680.

Sorry I rambled so much! Food is on my mind a lot right now! If this month goes really good maybe I'll get my sonic blast at the end of the month but by then I might not even want it.
  • AJones1021
    AJones1021 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    mommawag - Thanks! I found the recipe builder (under the Food tab if anyone else needs it). That is perfect!!!

DH and I have a date tomorrow night to a local steakhouse (not Texas Roadhouse though - yummmm!), and they're local and don't have the nutritional facts online, so I am trying to decide what to get! I'm not a huge steak fan, but I AM a huge bread/carb-a-holic.
  • cwiklamama
    Options
    So I ate what I normally did at Texas Roadhouse, but it made me feel sick almost immediately. It's amazing that after only a week your body can already tell you it doesn't like fried stuff. It was good, but not nearly as heavenly as I remembered. I think next time I will stick to healthy entree and treat on the buns:)
  • Kooopons
    Options
    So I ate what I normally did at Texas Roadhouse, but it made me feel sick almost immediately. It's amazing that after only a week your body can already tell you it doesn't like fried stuff. It was good, but not nearly as heavenly as I remembered. I think next time I will stick to healthy entree and treat on the buns:)

Yeah, I agree. I am already craving a healthy salad or something fresh vs fried or snacky foods! That's a good thing.