To ALL BL Challenge 2012 Members!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• BridgetForFitness
    Options
    I must say that so far I'm not loving this challenge. I'm not being challenged or encouraged in the Green team group. It seems that the captain is very busy so she doesn't post much at all. I look in the Red group for example and the captain is always encouraging and checking in with the members and I think that is great and motivating. I'm hoping next week is a little more challenging.
  • WendyCollinson2004
    WendyCollinson2004 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Pam,
    It is so motivating. Before I joined the BL challenge I had no friends except for some that I added from people commenting on Shay's status's. Now I have people telling me good job, keep up the great work. I have people reminding me to drink all the water I am suppose to.
  • jomom2
    jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Pam,
    It is so motivating. Before I joined the BL challenge I had no friends except for some that I added from people commenting on Shay's status's. Now I have people telling me good job, keep up the great work. I have people reminding me to drink all the water I am suppose to.
    that is so nice!!!! I do notice, people from diff. teams cheering on other members! I like that! Because no matter what we are all here for the same purpose :happy:
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Pam,
    that is so nice!!!! I do notice, people from diff. teams cheering on other members! I like that! Because no matter what we are all here for the same purpose :happy:

YES!!! At the end of the day we are ALL in this TOGETHER!!!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    I must say that so far I'm not loving this challenge. I'm not being challenged or encouraged in the Green team group. It seems that the captain is very busy so she doesn't post much at all. I look in the Red group for example and the captain is always encouraging and checking in with the members and I think that is great and motivating. I'm hoping next week is a little more challenging.

Hoping things get better! :wink:
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options

Hoping things get better! :wink:

Thanks Pam for your response.
  • Tigermomma66
    Tigermomma66 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to take a moment to address ALL the Biggest Loser Challenge Members! How is your first week with this group going?? Is the group helping you?? What is the best part of it??? What changes would you like to see??? Suggestions? Ideas? How has this changed you (mentally)??

I hope to hear back from all of you!!! Good Luck to everyone and THANK YOU for making this such a great group!!!! Have a GREAT weekend!!!

Pam :)

My week started off really rough. I had some issues come up, including my marriage with a less than supportive spouse, but that seems to be getting better. Knowing I had my team and this whole group made a huge adjustment in my thinking. It's hard to describe but I think it is the daily activity, of the ongoing contact. I did weight watchers and never felt this way - but I only saw them once a week.

I had a tough time today getting in my water. Rather than just letting that define the outcome, thoughts of my team pushed me to make it happen.

I also agree this is helping me learn to put me first. That is part of what drove the issues this week. I am glad I have my team for support. It's amazing how changes such as a real commitment to a health plan or putting your own needs first will send your loved ones around you into a tizzy. Having a team helps me weather those challenges.

I am so thankful you started this group and I hope we keep it together for a while. It is helping me shift my entire attitude of sticking with it.

Go Green!!
  • taylorbrown1792
    taylorbrown1792 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I Love this group!! Its my most important one! I love the challenges, They are slowly shaping my habits to be good and I actually want to do them!! I am looking forward to the weigh in :)
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Just wanted to take a moment to address ALL the Biggest Loser Challenge Members! How is your first week with this group going?? Is the group helping you?? What is the best part of it??? What changes would you like to see??? Suggestions? Ideas? How has this changed you (mentally)??

I hope to hear back from all of you!!! Good Luck to everyone and THANK YOU for making this such a great group!!!! Have a GREAT weekend!!!

My week started off really rough. I had some issues come up, including my marriage with a less than supportive spouse, but that seems to be getting better. Knowing I had my team and this whole group made a huge adjustment in my thinking. It's hard to describe but I think it is the daily activity, of the ongoing contact. I did weight watchers and never felt this way - but I only saw them once a week.

I had a tough time today getting in my water. Rather than just letting that define the outcome, thoughts of my team pushed me to make it happen.

I also agree this is helping me learn to put me first. That is part of what drove the issues this week. I am glad I have my team for support. It's amazing how changes such as a real commitment to a health plan or putting your own needs first will send your loved ones around you into a tizzy. Having a team helps me weather those challenges.

I am so thankful you started this group and I hope we keep it together for a while. It is helping me shift my entire attitude of sticking with it.

Go Green!!

Carla,

We are ALL here for you!!! And I am glad to hear that the team and group support is helping you get through the rough times!!!!

• fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    I Love this group!! Its my most important one! I love the challenges, They are slowly shaping my habits to be good and I actually want to do them!! I am looking forward to the weigh in :)
    [/quote

So glad to hear!!! I am also committed to the challenges!!! Last night I was getting ready to go to bed and realized that I had not completed my crunches .....and I went to go finish them......for ME and for the TEAM!!!
  • dicove
    dicove Posts: 36
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am so addicted to mfp, I am grateful for the support ( tough at times) but that is sometimes what we need, I used to come home from work and eat sit on couch watching tv, munching on whatever I could find. now I think about what exercise I am going to do when I get home and make more conscience decisions on what I put in my mouth, Everyone on here has been so great, not only my team but all 100 of you and I am so grateful to have an awesome support system. I think by eating correctly and exercise the pounds will definitely stay off this time. I know this is a life long commitment and not complete within 12 weeks. :flowerforyou:
  • Mattyfit2014
    Mattyfit2014 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This group has been a massive help to motivate me and pushing me knowing other people are going through the same challenge, it's only week 1 but I more motivated than ever :-) thank you guys :-)
  • gbloom182
    gbloom182 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The group has been really helpful on getting me back on track, I was slipping the past two months with all the holidays and needed a jump start. I don't think I ever worked out this much in one week before. The motivation that other people are doing it with you and counting on your is a big help. I've also slept a lot better this past week with the addition of all this exercise, minus the first night of my 8 cups of water addiction. (lot's of bathroom wake-up calls). Thanks for starting up the group. Looking forward to seeing how we all do at the end of these 12 weeks! GO BLACK TEAM!